Russian Tort in Bad Shape

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Earth
I do a lot of animal rescue for dogs and cats. New to the world of torts but still… The end goal is to try and help that tortoise and if the teacher were coming onto this thread we could tell him exactly what you’re saying.

But every situation is different and this is a power dynamic where you have a teenage student and a teacher and the student who must be in school with this teacher for the remainder of the year. Not to mention a student who has already mentioned that she is shy and interceding is a struggle for her already. (Lily you’re doing great!!).

The direct approach may not benefit anyone here much less the tort. I would love for anyone of us to walk into that teachers classroom and give them what for, but this is a different circumstance and will have to be handled more delicately for everyone involved if we can get that tort help. It may involve getting put in a terrible “tortoise house” as an *interim* step, but I don’t agree it’s just as bad. My tortoise lived int two of those string together for two months before I could get his enclosure built.

This is not an easy thing Lily is doing. She’s putting herself out in a way that is much much harder than simply telling someone on the internet everything they have been doing is wrong and if they don’t fix it they are a bad person.

Exactly. There are times when only so much can be done, and 'best' shouldn't get in the way of 'better'.

Skunkworks

Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Coeur D Alene,ID
Exactly. There are times when only so much can be done, and 'best' shouldn't get in the way of 'better'.
Right Indeed. I'm not familiar with the growth rates of a Russian Tort, But I made the same mistakes IMO with Nala, I would upgrade her inclosure to just " enough," and in doing it all over again I would have saved Time & $$$ if I had just looked More into the long run as far as Nala's needs.. I feel for the Russian Tort and I want to help the best I can, So I would Prefer to donate $100 towards a Larger Setup if the Teacher would agree to build it.That Tort needs a Proper Enclosure. If Not I will still mail the 2x3 enclosure to Lilly.Im sure if the Teacher can get in contact with Tom and a few Others, He would understand everyone's Concerne's.