Russian tortoise Crystal in shell - jewelry on tortoise

Littleredfootbigredheart

Location (City and/or State)
UK
Ummm ...On this forum we accept others opinions especially when we asked for them. @TammyJ was referring to a procedure to help a tortoise with a severely broken Plastron named Jo Jo.
Lmao when I first saw tammys comment I thought it meant jojo siwa had gone a bedazzled a tortoise🤣🤣….then I was like no wait… Tammy wouldn’t be for that.. I had to look into it🥲😂😂

EppsDynasty

Platinum Tortoise Club
Canebrake Ca
Lmao when I first saw tammys comment I thought it meant jojo siwa had gone a bedazzled a tortoise🤣🤣….then I was like no wait… Tammy wouldn’t be for that.. I had to look into it🥲😂😂
The thread "White Flesh" in the section for Desert Tortoises on this forum is Her story. Jo Jo had suffered unimaginable things for a long time before she found relief with us. We Glued 2 Handmade Aluminum supports to her shell to allow it to heal. It did heal but did stunt growth in between the glued supports. It was for the better but still had negative consequences to her shell, hopefully only cosmetic.

Littleredfootbigredheart

UK
The thread "White Flesh" in the section for Desert Tortoises on this forum is Her story. Jo Jo had suffered unimaginable things for a long time before she found relief with us. We Glued 2 Handmade Aluminum supports to her shell to allow it to heal. It did heal but did stunt growth in between the glued supports. It was for the better but still had negative consequences to her shell, hopefully only cosmetic.
Wow bless the amazing work you did for her though!🙏❤️

Ladyshark

Charlotte Nc
I appreciate your response. I feel a bit uneasy now for even asking this question. I mean you guys definitely gave me info and perspective. But I’m walking away from this feeling like 💩 for even thinking about it. You have no idea who I am or who my tortoise is how I care for her and etc. but the responses were not what I was expecting. It’s all good tho you guys just deeply care for turtles and tortoises. Probably thought I am some dummie who wants to decorate her tortoise. (Even tho I saw this done on another healthy tortoise)
Ideas are different than implementation. I wanted to delete the post because I felt like 👎 but I’ll leave it up for people who also want to know if gems it’s acceptable or not.

Littleredfootbigredheart

UK
I appreciate your response. I feel a bit uneasy now for even asking this question. I mean you guys definitely gave me info and perspective. But I’m walking away from this feeling like 💩 for even thinking about it. You have no idea who I am or who my tortoise is how I care for her and etc. but the responses were not what I was expecting. It’s all good tho you guys just deeply care for turtles and tortoises. Probably thought I am some dummie who wants to decorate her tortoise. (Even tho I saw this done on another healthy tortoise)
Ideas are different than implementation. I wanted to delete the post because I felt like 👎 but I’ll leave it up for people who also want to know if gems it’s acceptable or not.
Aw I’m sorry this thread has left you feeling this way😣I’m sure that wasn’t the intention from any of the members, you’ll get lots of mixed responses for stuff like this, sometimes it’s hard to read tone on typed messages..

Whilst the tortoise you saw in that store may have appeared healthy, I have my doubts they’re receiving proper care, not just based on them gluing gems to their tortoise, but the fact when you asked someone who worked there if it was safe and they straight up said they didn’t know, it’s so irresponsible of a store to be doing something like that, having customers walk in, inspiring the same idea, without even being able to advise on the safety of it themselves🫤there’s a few red flags, I think doing stuff like that in stores is to be more appealing as a pet for younger children, which tortoises shouldn’t be imo😣

I hope my response didn’t make you feel crap in any way at least, I genuinely just think it’s one of those things that has risks not worth taking😕

Hope you do stick around and we can learn more about you and your tortoise😊

EppsDynasty

Platinum Tortoise Club
Canebrake Ca
@Ladyshark .... I commend you for asking, there are NO dumb questions. You had a thought and wanted some feedback, you got a mixed bag. There is no reason you should feel bad about that. This is how this wonderful community of people exchange ideas and thoughts and you were and are a part of that. We all have had ideas that at first sounded or felt good but on further examination determined that it wasn't worth the risk or not such a good idea. I am sorry you had a bad feeling right off the bat and look forward to conversing more and hopefully you'll have a better experience.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Don't feel bad and no we don't think anything bad about you because you asked. You seen it done and you asked, that's a good thing. Being on a forum, you will get all kinds of answers. We are all different and have our own opinion on different things.
This forum is very passionate about everyone's tortoises, not just our own.
You got honest answers about the good and bad. Now it's up to you to decide what you want to do. After all, it's your tortoise and there is no tortoise police we can send out to get you lol