Russian tortoise for adoption-Chicago area

Kluebke

Location (City and/or State)
Elk Grove Village, IL
We purchased our son a Russian Tortoise 3 years ago, but he is not paying much attention to her anymore. Her name is Melon and she is probably around 5. I am looking for a nice home where she will get the attention and care she deserves.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
What are you asking for the tortoise?

TriciaStringer

5 Year Member
Louisiana
We purchased our son a Russian Tortoise 3 years ago, but he is not paying much attention to her anymore. Her name is Melon and she is probably around 5. I am looking for a nice home where she will get the attention and care she deserves.
Are you sure it’s a female? Adorable name by the way.

TriciaStringer

5 Year Member
Louisiana
Pretty sure. My daughter has a Russian tortoise that we think is a boy and he really likes Melon.
Even females will hump and males will mount any tortoise to show dominance.
Maybe send a pic of her back end. The tail will tell us.

Kluebke

Elk Grove Village, IL
I am still trying to figure out how to post pictures. I posted some of her under my profile, but will add a picture of her tail tomorrow. She has a triangle shaped tail and our other Tortoise has a long tail. That is another reason I think Melon is a girl. The pet store told us the opposite, but research proved them wrong.

TriciaStringer

5 Year Member
Louisiana
I am still trying to figure out how to post pictures. I posted some of her under my profile, but will add a picture of her tail tomorrow. She has a triangle shaped tail and our other Tortoise has a long tail. That is another reason I think Melon is a girl. The pet store told us the opposite, but research proved them wrong.
Sounds like a girl.

LazyLumberjack

West Olive
I'm in West Michigan (West Olive), you're about a 3 hour drive for me, I'd love to add the little cutie to my household. I am single / no children, so she wouldn't get manhandled all the time, I own my own home (2500 sq ft) so there is plenty of room for a nice enclosure to be set up and live on 3 acres, half of which is fenced in as a backyard that she can roam in the warmer months. I have experience with reptiles (ball / corn / blue-tongue), but this will be my first tortoise. If you think it's the right fit, I PMd you my phone number feel free to text or give me a call.