Russian Tortoise for sale or...

BernieL

Location (City and/or State)
Indio, California
We have a very nice Russian tortoise who adopted us a couple of months ago. We call him Pete, and have taken care of him as recommended by some of the experts who contribute to this forum. We've had medical issues come up, however, and cannot keep him. Anyone who can provide a nice home for a small friend like this should contact us.

BernieL

Indio, California
Sorry, Sarah. i'm having some difficulties just now, including figuring out how to post our pictures. REally sorry.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Sorry, Sarah. i'm having some difficulties just now, including figuring out how to post our pictures. REally sorry.
At the bottom left of the posting box click on the box that says attach files. you should be able to follow that and post pics.

BernieL

Indio, California
At the bottom left of the posting box click on the box that says attach files. you should be able to follow that and post pics.
The bottom left of my blocks doesn't have one. Some have a bell icon, with "Report", but nothing to attach. I tried copying and pasting into the images, but that didn't work either.

BernieL

Indio, California
Bernie - does this help?

Dear SinLA and Wellington:
Thank you both for your efforts to help. I'm feeling like a decript Luddite just now, and in between dealing with things I won't bother you with, am trying to get back on board with this. SinLA, the screencast.com arrow pointed to the images icon i've already tried to use, but that gives me an http box which I tried filling with one of Pete's pictures on my computer; unfortunately, I can't get that to work. I will hope to get some rest and that thus refreshed, I may have more energy and at least a little of Pete's determination to figure it out.
I'm thinking...I know I could use our own regular email to attach pictures, as we did share some of Pete with our family; maybe I can try some variant of that.
Either way, thank you both for your kind suggestions.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Dear SinLA and Wellington:
Thank you both for your efforts to help. I'm feeling like a decript Luddite just now, and in between dealing with things I won't bother you with, am trying to get back on board with this. SinLA, the screencast.com arrow pointed to the images icon i've already tried to use, but that gives me an http box which I tried filling with one of Pete's pictures on my computer; unfortunately, I can't get that to work. I will hope to get some rest and that thus refreshed, I may have more energy and at least a little of Pete's determination to figure it out.
I'm thinking...I know I could use our own regular email to attach pictures, as we did share some of Pete with our family; maybe I can try some variant of that.
Either way, thank you both for your kind suggestions.
Hi Bernie. For some reason the forum will not let you attach pics in the "Adoptions" forum. You can post them in the "For Sale" section, but not here for some reason. In all the other forums, there is a little box in the lower left corner to click that says "Attach Files". You can also drag pics into a post if you have a Mac, but not in "Adoptions"

I'm sorry to hear that you are having troubles, and I'll keep my eyes and ears open for anyone looking for a tortoise.

@Josh or @Yvonne G Is this on purpose? I've wondered about this detail for a long time. Why can't we post pics in the "adoption" section?

BernieL

Indio, California
Hi Bernie. For some reason the forum will not let you attach pics in the "Adoptions" forum. You can post them in the "For Sale" section, but not here for some reason. In all the other forums, there is a little box in the lower left corner to click that says "Attach Files". You can also drag pics into a post if you have a Mac, but not in "Adoptions"

I'm sorry to hear that you are having troubles, and I'll keep my eyes and ears open for anyone looking for a tortoise.

@Josh or @Yvonne G Is this on purpose? I've wondered about this detail for a long time. Why can't we post pics in the "adoption" section?
Thanks, Tom

BernieL

Indio, California
Dear Wellington, SinLa and of course Tom,
I have good news. A man who's helped us with our house had a sulcata for several years before he had to 'rehome' it (it was trying to break into his house!) is quite experienced with tortoises and very interested in having Pete as part of his family. He has a 10' x 40' side yard with partial sun, partial shade, much soil and substrate, not to mention what remains of his previous tortoise's burrow. As important, he's a good, kind man blessed (as I am) with a good, kind wife, and neither of them would ever do anything to hurt a fly (well, maybe a fly, but not much else). I've given him Pete's background, and described this forum and told him about some of you.
It's a little bittersweet feeling writing this, in no small part because of I feel like I'm having to say goodbye to some really good, kind people I've 'met'--yourselves included. My wife and I have had some medical difficulties these past decades and now face another challenge, but these past months were made nicer through the folks we've met here. It's been an unexpected blessing, and a communicating with all of you. Thank you so very much for your kindnesses, and our best wishes to you all.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Dear Wellington, SinLa and of course Tom,
I have good news. A man who's helped us with our house had a sulcata for several years before he had to 'rehome' it (it was trying to break into his house!) is quite experienced with tortoises and very interested in having Pete as part of his family. He has a 10' x 40' side yard with partial sun, partial shade, much soil and substrate, not to mention what remains of his previous tortoise's burrow. As important, he's a good, kind man blessed (as I am) with a good, kind wife, and neither of them would ever do anything to hurt a fly (well, maybe a fly, but not much else). I've given him Pete's background, and described this forum and told him about some of you.
It's a little bittersweet feeling writing this, in no small part because of I feel like I'm having to say goodbye to some really good, kind people I've 'met'--yourselves included. My wife and I have had some medical difficulties these past decades and now face another challenge, but these past months were made nicer through the folks we've met here. It's been an unexpected blessing, and a communicating with all of you. Thank you so very much for your kindnesses, and our best wishes to you all.
Best wishes to you and your wife Bernie. You are welcome to hang out and converse even if you don't currently have a tortoise! This forum is for people who like tortoises. You don't have to currently have one to partake.