Russian Tortoise needs a home, central Ohio

asdf3828

I know someone who is looking for a home for a Russian in Columbus, OH. Comes with enclosure (which probably is a bit on the small side but is okay for a while at least, I don't know exactly but maybe it's 2' x 2.5' or something).

Please email if you are interested. Hoping for someone who is going to take good care of it and ideally rehome it into a larger enclosure. I want to keep it with the Russian I own now but after reading about keeping two Russians together I'm going to pass.

mrscornsnake

I have a vary large tank ready to go with lamps and heaters so I would not need the smaller tank I have 8 turtles now and wanted a tortoise to round out my terrarium room. And there so darn cute.

Cheryl Hills

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Youngstown, Ohio
What's what sex is this Russan? I have one female and one male. I also live in eastern Ohio by the pa border

asdf3828

I have a vary large tank ready to go with lamps and heaters so I would not need the smaller tank I have 8 turtles now and wanted a tortoise to round out my terrarium room. And there so darn cute.

Sorry but I'd really rather not ship it... but I do understand that people do this. Perhaps if nobody local ends up taking it I will let you know.

asdf3828

What's what sex is this Russan? I have one female and one male. I also live in eastern Ohio by the pa border

I am not 100% on sex... they said they were told female when the bought it but if I recall correctly he had a relatively long tail.

Later I can post some photos if sex will be a deal breaker. I'm not sure how old it is, but they surely did not get it all that long ago, maybe a few years because their oldest kid is probably 9 or something. You'd be willing to drive to Columbus? In college I had a really good friend from Youngstown (and one from Boardman).

Cheryl Hills

5 Year Member
Youngstown, Ohio
Yes I would. It would have to be on a weekend Or evening.Pics would be nice. Just so I can see her. And yes, I am interested

Bruce Neighbor

Howdy,
we are in Grove City on the south side of Columbus, would be interested, we have a small herd of Russians already that my son (10 years old and a future zookeeper) is raising already. Understand the concern about keeping multiples together, mostly depends on if they are both males, or getting plenty of food.
We have one male and five females at the moment, and have been discussing splitting that group by getting another male, so if the one you want to rehome is male, that could work quite well for us, as he might get a couple of girlfriends after he is out of quarantine (we always quarantine a new animal for a month or more before introducing him to our others), if the one you have is female, then there is much less of a chance of having any issues....
occasionally one of the bigger females likes to sit on the food and try to hog it....but we cured that simply by feeding them more food, in multiple dishes at times....anyways, let us know, I am working from home the next couple of days, and you would be welcome to see their winter quarters, (they get to go outside in the summer time, but its Ohio...and working on building some bigger winter quarters for them as well.... thanks, Bruce

Cheryl Hills

5 Year Member
Youngstown, Ohio
I am not 100% on sex... they said they were told female when the bought it but if I recall correctly he had a relatively long tail.

Later I can post some photos if sex will be a deal breaker. I'm not sure how old it is, but they surely did not get it all that long ago, maybe a few years because their oldest kid is probably 9 or something. You'd be willing to drive to Columbus? In college I had a really good friend from Youngstown (and one from Boardman).
I quoted the wrong message. Look in your inbox. I left my number so we can make arrangements .