Russian tortoise needs home utah/Nevada area

GailR.

Location (City and/or State)
St. George
I am just reposting this, Russian male looking for home. I rescued him about a year ago.

GailR.

St. George
He seems very healthy, eats like a horse. He has a chipped beak (is that the right term?), which may be good and if anyone is a “tortoise flipper” I presume that would slow their interest. I WILl post pictures when I can figure out how . He is a male from what I read. As far as age I have had him 1 year ( I rescued him from prior owner who had him about 3-4years). So he is at least 4 or 5 years old (maybe you all can tell from photos).

GailR.

St. George
. I have no idea if this image and video will come out. When my kids get here, they can probably help. If the video comes out with the background sound referring to “he must have a lot of anger” we are NOT talking about Tot The turtle, it is the TV show In the background.
If it comes out I have a few questions if anyone reads this, can I cut his nails myself (it seems they need it)? I do my dogs, but I am sure this is different. Based on his shell, etc, any feedback regarding health? He is romaine (favorite), occasional carrot strips, radish tops, mustard and collard greens, green/red leaf lettuce, spring mix (but often refuses the latter). I am ordering a big bag of dried food that was recommended on this site. I soak him 1 x week ( I know it should be more, I am a single working mom, and he is a rescue that came as a surprise. He is in a large aquarium for his protection ( I have dogs).

GailR.

St. George
Merry Christmas Everyone! So in between festivities I realized my images and video did not post (not a surprise), any tips? I have been reading up on nail trimming as I am sure he needs it, and it says to it gradually,(also do it in sunlight, and have a quick stop type powder available). I have learned a LOT from this website. Thank you.

GailR.

St. George
Merry Christmas Everyone! So in between festivities I realized my images and video did not post (not a surprise), any tips? I have been reading up on nail trimming as I am sure he needs it, and it says to it gradually,(also do it in sunlight, and have a quick stop type powder available). I have learned a LOT from this website. Thank you.