Russian Tortoise Sleeping and Not Eating

TMNTortoise

Location (City and/or State)
WI
Hello everyone!

I have a Russian tortoise named Ollie. I am unsure how old he is, but I have had him for about four years now. Recently (for the past few months), my sister has been taking care of him. I have noticed in the past few weeks (probably around 5-6 weeks) that he has been sleeping a lot and hasn't been eating much. I've tried anything that I can think of to perk him up (soaking every day, changing his diet, replacing UV bulb, increasing heat in tank, etc.), but it hasn't been helping. I have recently begun giving him carrots every few days to make sure that he gets some food in him. He eats those as soon as he sees them! I am worried that his beak might be overgrown, making it a little more challenging for him to eat (obviously no one can give advice on that until I post pictures), but I was wondering if anyone had any other advice.

I will be posting pictures later, but I am currently not able to! Thanks in advance for any help that you can give me.

Shuler24

Location (City and/or State)
Michigan
Hello everyone!

I have a Russian tortoise named Ollie. I am unsure how old he is, but I have had him for about four years now. Recently (for the past few months), my sister has been taking care of him. I have noticed in the past few weeks (probably around 5-6 weeks) that he has been sleeping a lot and hasn't been eating much. I've tried anything that I can think of to perk him up (soaking every day, changing his diet, replacing UV bulb, increasing heat in tank, etc.), but it hasn't been helping. I have recently begun giving him carrots every few days to make sure that he gets some food in him. He eats those as soon as he sees them! I am worried that his beak might be overgrown, making it a little more challenging for him to eat (obviously no one can give advice on that until I post pictures), but I was wondering if anyone had any other advice.

I will be posting pictures later, but I am currently not able to! Thanks in advance for any help that you can give me.

This is the right place to get advice. Sheldon was acting the same, and I started to attribute it to the change in weather. I research a couple of older posts about ensuring the lighting was correct (brightness and angle) to make sure your little guy isn’t trying to hibernate. Not sure if that is your issue or not but you are in the Midwest like myself. Some of the experienced members, I’m sure will give advice but how is you lighting? Not just the UVB bulbs, but the heat and overall lighting in the enclosure? Once I changed that Sheldon perked right back up like it was summer again for him.