??'s about a lost sulcata

KarenSoCal

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Low desert 50 mi SE of Palm Springs CA
My suculate tortoise got loose the same way. I looked for two weeks. One day I looked out and he was at the gate trying to get back in the yard. I think he got thirsty, and missed his treats. Leave your gate open and see if he comes home. I live on 40 acres of brush and pasture. He missed his yard with green grass, water and treats. They can find their way home evidently.
I keep hoping he'll come home, but no one has seen him. Lynn can't leave her gate open because of her dogs, but checks it often. This evening is a week, but he was seen on Sat morning close to home.

KarenSoCal

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Low desert 50 mi SE of Palm Springs CA
Any updates?
Lynn and I have been searching morning and evening. I'm worried that he followed Tom's straight path and kept on going. He's had 6 full days to travel, and if he made 2-3 miles/day, that puts him 12-18 miles away! If he went that far in a straight line, he is in mountains in a vast area of wilderness. There are areas of recreational facilities and a campground he would pass through though.

We are hoping he is hiding near a house around here, but I'm really thinking he's far away. 😢
I'm considering driving to a road he would cross that's about 14 miles from any area we've searched, in a straight line. If he travelled that route, he had some tough going over hills, which I hope would slow him down.

SinLA

Tortoise Club
Los Angeles
Did you investigate trying to get someone with drones who could help?