Sacramento - Last weekend in September!!!

NorCal tortoise guy

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Northern California
I used to never miss this show but I've been on and off the last few years. Yes it is a great show! Very big and there dose seem to be a good number of turtles and tortoises most times!

TylerStewart

10 Year Member!
Las Vegas, NV.
My wife and son headed to Sacramento last night with a pile of amazing looking tortoises if anyone wants to stop by and say hi!

Kapidolo Farms

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
South of Southern California, but not Mexico
I think I'll be going, might as well use the plane ticket and hotel reservation that I already have. I went in 2012, since then some water turtle vendors got busted by Cal Fish and Game, so maybe the variety will be less? I'll wear the ZooMed psychedelic tie die T-shirt. I'm there Saturday only.

I'll be meeting-up with lots of tortoise folks. I hear Yvonne and her posse* of Fresno/Clovis tortoise folks will be there.

*a group of people who have a common characteristic, occupation, or purpose.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Well, I went to the Sacramento Reptile Show. And, bear in mind that I'm not a people person, and not excited about being in a crowd. And, IT WAS CROWDED!!!!! Man o man, this is a big show. Approaching the facility, we could see the line was about a block long. It moved fast though, and we were inside within 10 minutes. The room was large, and there were many, many vendors. . . mostly supplies, but quite a few animals (mostly snakes and lizards). I felt sorry for Tyler's wife, being there with only her son to help her. SO MANY PEOPLE!!! She had a very nice display of tortoises. I would have loved to take home the YF tortoises, but I told myself I wasn't going to buy any animals, and I held myself to it!

One vendor had a pair of RF tortoises for 1K. One of them was the absolute biggest RF tortoise I've ever seen. But, dang it! I forgot to bring my camera.

Speaking of big, there was a pretty big sulcata too. He was quite smooth and I'm guessing almost 200lbs. The people tending this booth really didn't know anything about him, not even his real weight. It was a club and I doubt the club members there were the actual owners of the sulcata. This booth also had a fairly large alligator with his mouth taped closed that you could touch.

There were venomous snakes, exotic plants, enclosures, lights - anything you wanted in the way of reptile supplies, you could find it there.

Sorry for no pictures. I really meant to bring my camera.