Sad, and a little dumb...

SinLA

Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Los Angeles
Today in the Fezzik Files: I have moved his food to another section of his enclosure (no camera) to get him used it getting food there while I'm out of town for a bit (he will have 2x the food, in both the new and old feeding space). He found is "new" food fine yesterday, but today he is just waiting for the food gods to deliver...

Attachments

• sadFezzik2.jpg
    sadFezzik2.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 9

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Lol, he is waiting you out. Knowing you will probably crumble.
Just put him over to where the new pile is. Couple more days of it over there and he will probably start going there every time on his own.

SinLA

Tortoise Club
Los Angeles
He eventually made it over there on his own. Honestly this tortoise doesn't MOVE if he doesn't have to, so I want him to get the exercise!

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
My leopard like to stay in his cosy heated hide on colder days even though his room temp is constant and he has basking lights etc. Some days he won't move out of his door even when he can see his food waiting for him in his room. However, he seems to know that if he positions himself near his door then I will eventually give in and provide room service. He certainly has me well trained!
When I want him to come out to make sure he's exercising or to give him his soak I put a fake but realistic looking tortoise in his room so that he eventually marches out to confront this intruder. He hasn't noticed that the only time it moves is when I push it with my foot!:)

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
He eventually made it over there on his own. Honestly this tortoise doesn't MOVE if he doesn't have to, so I want him to get the exercise!
That's why I pick Sapphire up and don't put him back where I found him., (Found him in his hide) He HAS to walk back to his hide and maybe munch a bit along the way when I get ahold of him 😊 Lazy Russians 🐢

SinLA

Tortoise Club
Los Angeles
My leopard like to stay in his cosy heated hide on colder days even though his room temp is constant and he has basking lights etc. Some days he won't move out of his door even when he can see his food waiting for him in his room. However, he seems to know that if he positions himself near his door then I will eventually give in and provide room service. He certainly has me well trained!
When I want him to come out to make sure he's exercising or to give him his soak I put a fake but realistic looking tortoise in his room so that he eventually marches out to confront this intruder. He hasn't noticed that the only time it moves is when I push it with my foot!:)

I have a couple of tort statues in his outside enclosure, he marches up to them the first time, and realizes they are fake and then never show interest again. tho maybe if I move them around a bit.... hmmmm

SinLA

Tortoise Club
Los Angeles
That's why I pick Sapphire up and don't put him back where I found him., (Found him in his hide) He HAS to walk back to his hide and maybe munch a bit along the way when I get ahold of him 😊 Lazy Russians 🐢
Yeah outside I put in in the FARTHEST corner from here he wants to be and he makes a bee-line there. He can move fast when he wants to... same with his inside space, i put him at the far end of his enclosure after his soak, but he always heads right to his hide...

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
I have a couple of tort statues in his outside enclosure, he marches up to them the first time, and realizes they are fake and then never show interest again. tho maybe if I move them around a bit.... hmmmm
The one I use isn't a permanent fixture in his room I just use it occasionally when I want to grab my torts attention and remove it as soon as he's out, so he doesn't get the chance to get too familiar with it.