Sad day......

lisa127

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
NE Ohio
Today is my daughters 23rd birthday. That's not the sad part of course. From kindergarten until about 8th grade she had a best friend named Brittany. They drifted apart in high school but were inseparable all through grade school. Brittany spent a lot of time at our house and I had to call her mom before everytime I fed the kids because she was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes around age 4. Earlier today Brittany went into a diabetic coma and never woke up. A very sad day, and my heart is hurting for her poor mom.

cmacusa3

5 Year Member
Bixby
Today is my daughters 23rd birthday. That's not the sad part of course. From kindergarten until about 8th grade she had a best friend named Brittany. They drifted apart in high school but were inseparable all through grade school. Brittany spent a lot of time at our house and I had to call her mom before everytime I fed the kids because she was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes around age 4. Earlier today Brittany went into a diabetic coma and never woke up. A very sad day, and my heart is hurting for her poor mom.
So sorry for the loss, prayers and thoughts with all of you.

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
I mean "Young ages" .......Not Young "ago". Sorry~~

The best friend of my older daughter died in a car crash in her junior year in high school. My daughter cried for weeks. School have to provide consultation for many students. Very sad~~

My heart and prayer are with your family and her's.

Pearly

5 Year Member
Central Texas, Austin area
How tragic! This day and age, losing a 23 yr old to diabetes?! That's crazy! I have so many diabetic friends... just can't imagine... i am so sorry for your loss. I know your heart aches for the lost child, for your child who is hurting and for that poor Mother in mourning... God! Can't even imagine! Sending you and your daughter electronic hugs and this very moment thinking of that Mom and praying that she finds solace

PJay

5 Year Member
Virginia
Terribly tragic. No day is a good day, but that day is one of the worst possible. Thoughts and prayers to all.

Eric Phillips

5 Year Member
Ohio
So sorry to hear of this! My thoughts and prayers to you and your daughter. We are just as fragile as our tortoise/turtle companions unfortunately!

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
So very sad for all of Brittany's family and friends.
I am very sorry for your loss.

surfergirl

Heatbreaking...so sorry. Prayers said for all of you! I have had two friends lose their teenage children of 13 and 15, one to asthma and one to a car accident. So very very sad.

lisa127

10 Year Member!
NE Ohio
Heatbreaking...so sorry. Prayers said for all of you! I have had two friends lose their teenage children of 13 and 15, one to asthma and one to a car accident. So very very sad.
These young people were losing....it always seems to be significant days. This young woman on my daughters birthday. In 2014 we lost my precious 26 year old nephew on mothers day.

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
Terribly sorry to hear that. Very sad.

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
These young people were losing....it always seems to be significant days. This young woman on my daughters birthday. In 2014 we lost my precious 26 year old nephew on mothers day.
Goodness! Sorry to hear that. At times such sad events take place at the worst time.