Sad news

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
CA
I went out today and checked on my russians and all my other torotises like I do everyday, and I found one of my LTC males dead. There were no signs of injuries so I can assume he died of old age, I had him for 13 years and I have no idea how old he was when he was turned into me. His name was boris and he was my first russian, when he was turned into me I had no idea what type he was and of course TFO did not exist back then. The lady who turned him in knew I kept tortoises and she asked if he was one of mine,I said no but I would take him in and see if I could find his owner. I can take comfort knowing that he was able to pass his genes on down, and he spent 13 good years in the calif. sunshine and ate grape leaves and hibiscus flowers to his heart's content, I am a little bummed about it.

coreyc

10 Year Member!
Massachusetts
Sorry for your loss :(but he did have 13 good years with you think you the good times

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Cadillac, Michigan
Sorry for your loss :( It is hard to lose a friend that has been in your life for so long.

GeoTerraTestudo

5 Year Member
Broomfield, Colorado
I am sad to hear that, Cap, but like you said, the little guy lived out his life in a good environment and was even able to procreate. No regrets there.

Jacob

5 Year Member
California
Sorry to hear, sorry for your loss.
It was in the best hands, and had a great life :)

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
A little bummed?

I'm fully bummed for you. Sorry to hear this Cap'n...

68merc

10 Year Member!
Fresno, CA
I've not had tortoises long enough to loose one, but knowing how much time and thought I put into them I'm not looking forward to the day when one passes.
I have Russians and I feel your pain just reading this post, so sorry for your loss.

Status
Not open for further replies.