Safe fruit and veg for cherry headed tortoises

MRCliplef

Location (City and/or State)
Alberta
Hey everyone!
I have had no luck in finding a good complete list of safe fruits and veggies for my cherry heads. Everyone kind of just says "feed chopped fruit," or "most fruit is safe" or stuff like that. I want to make sure that I don't feed them anything harmful but that they still get variety. Could someone comment all the safe fruits and veg, and even weeds that they can have?

Thank you so much!!

Golden Greek Tortoise 567

Colorado Springs,CO
Hey everyone!
I have had no luck in finding a good complete list of safe fruits and veggies for my cherry heads. Everyone kind of just says "feed chopped fruit," or "most fruit is safe" or stuff like that. I want to make sure that I don't feed them anything harmful but that they still get variety. Could someone comment all the safe fruits and veg, and even weeds that they can have?

Thank you so much!!
I don’t think that one person could tell you all the stuff that is safe for them. There is probably at least a billion things out there. I don’t own any cherry heads, so I can’t tell you. Hopefully someone else will chime in.

MRCliplef

Alberta
I don’t think that one person could tell you all the stuff that is safe for them. There is probably at least a billion things out there. I don’t own any cherry heads, so I can’t tell you. Hopefully someone else will chime in.
Maybe not everything (that was a little bit of an exaggeration) but a good list. I don't know what sites to trust, and also, there aren't even that many sites that have lists, good or bad.

Golden Greek Tortoise 567

Colorado Springs,CO
Maybe not everything (that was a little bit of an exaggeration) but a good list. I don't know what sites to trust, and also, there aren't even that many sites that have lists, good or bad.
Try searching for good foods for cherryheads. There’s bound to be something like that if you try searching for it.

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
Some of the greens I feed are dandelion, clover, kale, mustard, turnip, collard, escarole, arugula, romaine, plantain weed, mulberry leaf, hibiscus leaf and flowers, raspberry leaf, endive

Some of the fruits and veggies I feed are mango, papaya, kiwi, melon, cantaloupe, strawberry, blueberry, apricot, pineapple, pear, banana, grapes, carrots, cucumber, squash, peppers, zucchini, and sweet potato.

Some of the things I use for protein are chicken, shrimp, tuna, sardines, scrambled and hard boiled egg, Earthworms, Mealworms, and sometimes low fat cat food. You want to feed protein about once a week.

I also feed Mazuri occasionally and layer crumbles from @Kapidolo Farms

There's probably more im not remembering too. No real schedule, I just try to offer a few different items everyday and different things each day.