Status
Not open for further replies.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
In a last ditch effort....I'll just make a remote switch location for my reset and ad a push button switch somewhere where I can reach it easily and I'll just push it every hour or so to dump the ice.
First I'm going to test the temperature and maybe blow out the condenser coils.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ok
Nothing worked.
This is the old ice motor.
Works just like the NEW ice motor.
That's the ice tray sensor, the wire going to the left.
It attaches to the ice tray.

Attachments

• 20190602_130722.jpg
    20190602_130722.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 7
  • 20190602_144933.jpg
    20190602_144933.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 6

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
No
The new motherboard made it worse.
Freezer 28-34 degrees.
Refrigerator 45-50 degrees.
I tore all of my new parts out of it and bought a new unit.
Thankfully my wife allowed me to purchase one that was just $1,000 with my Lowes discount.

Attachments

• 20190612_114734.jpg
    20190612_114734.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 2

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Now you can remove all the innards from the old one, set it out in the yard on its back, cut a tortoise door out in the floor area where the motor used to be, and VOILA!! Tortoise night box! (I'm sure your wife would LOVE that!!!)

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Now you can remove all the innards from the old one, set it out in the yard on its back, cut a tortoise door out in the floor area where the motor used to be, and VOILA!! Tortoise night box! (I'm sure your wife would LOVE that!!!)
Strangely I'm sure she wouldn't like that.
She already shot down my idea of making a planter out of an old toilet.
Go figure.

KarenSoCal

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Low desert 50 mi SE of Palm Springs CA
Hey, my thought exactly! [emoji23]

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
I always have good luck with a site called Appliance Parts Plus. You can ask a professional and the part you decide you need usually has a video to show you how to install.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
I always have good luck with a site called Appliance Parts Plus. You can ask a professional and the part you decide you need usually has a video to show you how to install.
Yeah.
I did that.
I spoke to a few techs.
The real issue was that originally my ice maker wasn't dropping ice because it wasn't getting down to 10 degrees. I got a false reading. So there never was an issue with the ice motor or the motherboard or thermostat.
It was that there was an issue with the compressor. Probably because it got about red hot the last time the condenser fan failed. It never fully recovered.
It simply kept "kind of working" after that with a cool refrigerator and a freezer that made ice at around 30 degrees.
Because it more or less worked, I thought it was an ice dispenser issue. And not an issue with the ice sensor not tripping because it was reading too warm.
It got a little worse every week.
Until it just stopped freezing at all.

Those videos are great.
I look at videos before I tackle any repair I'm not skilled at. Our truck. Cars and motorcycles. And crap that breaks around the house.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Yeah.
I did that.
I spoke to a few techs.
The real issue was that originally my ice maker wasn't dropping ice because it wasn't getting down to 10 degrees. I got a false reading. So there never was an issue with the ice motor or the motherboard or thermostat.
It was that there was an issue with the compressor. Probably because it got about red hot the last time the condenser fan failed. It never fully recovered.
It simply kept "kind of working" after that with a cool refrigerator and a freezer that made ice at around 30 degrees.
Because it more or less worked, I thought it was an ice dispenser issue. And not an issue with the ice sensor not tripping because it was reading too warm.
It got a little worse every week.
Until it just stopped freezing at all.

Those videos are great.
I look at videos before I tackle any repair I'm not skilled at. Our truck. Cars and motorcycles. And crap that breaks around the house.
I am like you. I have always repaired what ever needed. I had one of my vehicles at a service garage a while back. I told them it had been 40 yrs since I had someone service my car. With a laugh told them this is a big step for me.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
I am like you. I have always repaired what ever needed. I had one of my vehicles at a service garage a while back. I told them it had been 40 yrs since I had someone service my car. With a laugh told them this is a big step for me.
I had to bring 3 (Three) of our Toyotas in for recall work. How embarrassing, Toyota!
I told the service manager. "Do not open the hood. Do NOTHING but the recall"
Those idiots couldn't repair the radio in my Tacoma in 8 trips to the dealership.
I don't trust anyone working on my stuff.
I've worked at dealerships.
One trained A.S.E mechanic who's certification is on the wall in a frame. And another 8 untrained chimps doing all of the actual work because they're too cheap to pay the A.S.E. mechanic.

Status
Not open for further replies.