Savi chows down

sopo

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
So Central OK
I've had Savi 2 weeks today. She's about 5 weeks old now She's been a picky eater. lol Didn't like Zoo Med grassland food, doesn't like Mazuri (after I bought 2 pounds), :rolleyes: wouldn't eat raw fresh pumpkin.. but she's eating her spring mix like a cow and she eats grass/weeds outside. Today, I thought I'd try some canned 100% pumpkin.... and we have a winner. :D She's about 28 grams now. Love this girl. :)

Attachments

• 0savipumpkin.jpg
    0savipumpkin.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 39

Vegas_Leopard

10 Year Member!
Las Vegas, NV
Aww! I love your little Savi! She's adorable!!! Lovin' the pumpkin bites! :D

I'm starting to see a pattern with "new born" GPB's they're really hesitant to try various types of food. Mine will sometimes refuse to eat certain types after weeks of having it lol. Always got to mix it up. Mio, is on a Bok Choy, Dandelion, Grass, Grassland/Mazuri mix.

If you want to try incorporating Grassland/Mazuri, here's a tip that's worked really well for all of my tortoises. If you've got a blender of some sort, blend both of the commercial diets make sure they're dry to a fine powder consistency. Once you've done that you can add the blended product into your pumpkin and mix it until it's absorbed, the moisture will do the work of softening your pellets and your Savi, won't even notice it's in there. You can also use that powder and sprinkle it dry on your spring mix, like you would do with your calcium and vitamins. Another thing I tried today that was successful was I blended spineless cactus to fine little bite sized pieces and mixed the dry blended Mazuri/Grassland, the cactuses sticky liquid helped bind and soften the mixes. Every bite had both products! :) hope this helps!

sopo

5 Year Member
So Central OK
Thank you both and thanks for the tip. It might work blended into the pumpkin but not sure it would sprinkled on her greens. I sprinkled some calcium powder on them and she turned her nose up at them. lol but she does chew on her cuttle bone. I'll give it a try though.