Saw an ad for a box turtle

Rynan

Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
Saw an ad for a eastern box turtle, there was only one picture. In that picture, 90% of the it contained an overweight lady with finger tattoos, the bottom right corner showed the cute little turtle. Messaged her regarding shipping which she said she could do. Asked for more pictures of the turtle...
the reply, "That's too many questions, it's hit or miss. You want the turtle, buy it. I don't have time for questions."
And I wondered why the post had 430+ views and the turtle still haven't found a new home.

Avuwyy

Liverpool, Merseyside
A good way to scare off potential buyers. Also a good way to get away with selling on a potentially sick or dying animal. Refusal to answer questions or show additional pictures is a red flag in my book.

I’m sorry you received that sort of treatment. Especially considering you were just showing some interest in the animal.

Rynan

Southern California
A good way to scare off potential buyers. Also a good way to get away with selling on a potentially sick or dying animal. Refusal to answer questions or show additional pictures is a red flag in my book.

I’m sorry you received that sort of treatment. Especially considering you were just showing some interest in the animal.
Yeah, definitely a red flag for me as well. She had time to mention how busy she was and what her life was like, but what kind of people rehome animals without providing any information such as recent photos diet and living conditions?