Saw this in the Dallas Craigslist, so passing it on...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terry Allan Hall

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
The Republic O' Tejas
~*~*~ Giant Aldabra Tortoise babies ~*~*~ (DFW)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: 2010-06-28, 8:42PM CDT
Reply to: [email protected]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have a limited number of Baby Aldabra tortoises coming in from the Seychelles in the Indian ocean. These tortoises are born in their native habitat. This is one of the largest species of tortoises and one of a few that are native to islands. Adult aldabra tortoises can reach 600-800 lbs. People are most familiar with these giants as seen at several large zoos across america. One of the most gentle of giants. These tortoises are legal to own and are not a threatened or endangered species like the Galapagos tortoise from the Pacific islands. There are more than 150,000 wild aldabra tortoises on the Seychelles islands.

Please do you research on this species and understand the cost involved with raising a giant tortoise to adulthood. Also, there is a cost associated with owning such a unique tortoise, so research the costs and you'll find my prices quite fair. I will only respond to e-mails from individuals that have a genuine interest and knowledge of this species care and habitat needs.

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

3k83mc3p95V55W65R3a6sf7d4325305b113a0.jpg

3n73ob3lf5U45P25X2a6s291f9d7c7be812e9.jpg

3m63o93l95O65W05P3a6s9281a8dc49da1b33.jpg

3k33m73l55W65P05R6a6sf3f8b3d2bd8b1224.jpg

I do not know nor am in any way affiliated w/ this fellow, so investigate as carefully as you would any other seller...just passing on info that might be of interest to some here. :cool:

spikethebest

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
I emailed the guy...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm in the process of working on the imports to get them delivered from the Seychelles. Price is set at $1,850 ea. These are 4-5" baby aldabras. Payment is due upon pick-up locally or prior to shipping.

I have to purchase a minimun lot, so I am confirming buyers at this point. Please let me know if you are interested. If so, I will require a small deposit to hold the animal.

Best regards,
Ryan

--
Ryan A McDonald
Tortoise Utopia
www.tortoiseutopia.com

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

my recommendation would be to just get one off kingsnake for any really serious people. they are cheaper, and you can see the actual tort you will get. especially, you should buy CB instead of WC anyday.

Status
Not open for further replies.