Saying goodbye to Spike...:(

Status
Not open for further replies.

c_pierce705

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Madcity, WI
Today I am rehoming my sulcata. Although I only had him for a little over a month, I have become completely attached to him. Its a sad day for me guys, but I know I am doing the right thing for him. Im gonna be so bummed out all day at work today!

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
I am sorry its a sad day for you. My heart goes out to you. Just hold on to remembering you are doing what is right for him, and the knowledge you are able to do that wonderful thing for him. He was lucky to have you in his life, even for a little while.

Josh

Ask questions, share answers, talk torts!
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Redlands, CA
congrats c_pierce on adopting the animal to someone else who will make him happy and whom he will make happy. the world needs more folks like you

c_pierce705

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Madcity, WI
Crazy1 said:
I am sorry its a sad day for you. My heart goes out to you. Just hold on to remembering you are doing what is right for him, and the knowledge you are able to do that wonderful thing for him. He was lucky to have you in his life, even for a little while.

Thank you! Im not too worried though, I am going to be getting a new tortoise (I do have all the supplies now!). Just a little one this time!

SIXTY_TOO

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Victorville, CA
This must be for so hard you:(
It is great that you are able to realize what is best for spike and for you, and brave enough to follow it through.

c_pierce705

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Madcity, WI
SIXTY_TOO said:
This must be for so hard you:(
It is great that you are able to realize what is best for spike and for you, and brave enough to follow it through.

It wasnt easy. I kept thinking that I could find a way to accomodate him. That there had to be a way! Unfortunately, my apartment is much too small to house him. I just wish I could have taken the day off from work to spend some time with him. Just watching him eat and walk around was fun. I feel like such a nerd, like why am I so attached? Ive done rescue work before but Ive never become this attached to any of them!! Anyway. Thank you to everyone who has said such nice things to help me know Im doing the right thing![/i]

JustAnja

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Arkansas
Crystal I hope you know Spike is in a home now with plenty of room to graze and will be well taken care of. You are more than welcome to plan a visit up anytime you want. :)

c_pierce705

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Madcity, WI
JustAnja said:
Crystal I hope you know Spike is in a home now with plenty of room to graze and will be well taken care of. You are more than welcome to plan a visit up anytime you want. :)

I know! Thank you so much again. I know I did the right thing for HER...LOL. Hopefully soon, Ill get a new one.

Status
Not open for further replies.