Scabs on neck due to constantly trying to get out of enclosure

Kandrews

Location (City and/or State)
Portland OR
I recently adopted a Russian Tort from an owner who didn’t have the time or commitment for her. I am not sure of her age but I’m guessing by size she’s 7ish, at first I couldn’t get her to eat but I figured it was just a new environment and eventually she did but still not much. She spends most her day trying to escape the turtle table I have. So much so that the corners are showing wear and scratches from it. And now I’m noticing on both sides of her neck are scabs and one is quite swollen. I have read so much and have tried to make her feel more at home but it doesn’t seem to be working. I let her roam around the yard for at least an hour a day as I watch her obviously, and that’s when she seems the happiest. Right now because it’s so nice out I have kept her table on my back patio so she can soak in real sun rays all day. She has two hides, a big water bowl, clean bedding and and half the table is shaded. I switch her food daily so she doesn’t get bored but she still doesn’t seem to want to eat much. What the heck do I need to do for her?

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Make her an outdoor enclosure for warm months. In the wild they roam a lot of miles. Being stuck in a small table will never make her happy when she knows there is a big world out there to explore.
Put her table, which should be at least a 4x8 foot inside the house. Bring her in at night if you can't make a locking hide for her to sleep in.
Lots of coverage in the table would help too.
Post pics so we can help you tweak it.

TaylorTortoise

Abington
What is a good set up outside if it rains a lot in an area? like what do we do for enclosures out doors to prevent the tortoises from drowning in too much rain? My russian hates to get wet and I have been thinking about making him an outdoor enclosure just not sure what is good for him with weather conditions. Will the rain cause stress on torts when kept outside? etc.