Scammed

Status
Not open for further replies.

TotallyTank

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Albuquerque, NM
TotallyTank said:
Well it's official I got scammed!!! after having sent the money for the tort, I got a email from a supposed shipping company wanting 540$ for shipping insurance to which my response was no, so the people that I was getting the tier from claimed to have go e down to the shipping company and taken Carr of everything she would leave Monday uninsured from new jersey!!! Today they need 50$ for something and the shipping company in new jersey called me from an international number!!! I told them they could pay the 50 and I would money gram them the money as soon as had the tort in my possession!!! Needless to say super sad husband super pissed and I spent my anniversary present money !! So I guess no little leopard for! My husband said if they ate not local I can't buy one!!! Thanks a lot whoever you are!!!!

jojodesca

5 Year Member
Bay Area
how horrible!..I can not believe the nerve of some ppl!!..However the number could of been outsourced which is common....how did you pay?....if by check you can cancel it..and if by paypal...they are 100% guaranteed....

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
Sorry to hear that.

It's a good bet that anyone who asks payment via Moneygram or Western Union is a scammer.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Neal said:
Sorry to hear that.

It's a good bet that anyone who asks payment via Moneygram or Western Union is a scammer.

DITTO, DITTO ,DITTO. NEVER EVER PAY BY THESE METHODS, NEVER

So sorry. Did you find those people from this forum? It would surprise me a lot if you did. There are some leopard and other species breeders on here that even though I don't know them personally, I would trust them 100%. if your husband would be willing to try purchasing again from out of state, pm me and I will let you know who I am talking about. Maybe one of them is close to you.

TotallyTank

5 Year Member
Albuquerque, NM
Oh I know now jojo, but they are dedicated, I sent the money on Friday and these people have texted me everyday a lot. Calling the tort by name and today there daughter was in an accident and is dying, so all I can do is say sorry about your daughter but I need my money back, to which they said nothing! I feel so stupid.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Who on Earth were you buying a tortoise from? We have so many good breeders here on the forum...

Sorry this happened to you. I absolutely detest any sort of crookedness.

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
TotallyTank said:
Oh I know now jojo, but they are dedicated, I sent the money on Friday and these people have texted me everyday a lot. Calling the tort by name and today there daughter was in an accident and is dying, so all I can do is say sorry about your daughter but I need my money back, to which they said nothing! I feel so stupid.

Their daughter is not dying, more like someone sitting in a coffee shop in Cameroon Africa with a little extra money in their pocket.

I really don't know how to pursue this type of thing, but if you have a phone number I would suggest forwarding that to your attorney generals office and file a claim.

TotallyTank

5 Year Member
Albuquerque, NM
Her name is Cindy Cruz . I totally screwed myself I went against based on better judgement, but I told her no thanks after I talked to her the first time, but she texted me everyday for 2 weeks chatting about torts I even was starting to think of her as a friend. That the only reason I went through with it.. She had pics she had all the right info everything! Feel foolish!!

jojodesca

5 Year Member
Bay Area
Neal said:
TotallyTank said:

Their daughter is not dying, more like someone sitting in a coffee shop in Cameroon Africa with a little extra money in their pocket.

I really don't know how to pursue this type of thing, but if you have a phone number I would suggest forwarding that to your attorney generals office and file a claim.

YES>..especially if you have response texts..and the phone number...also you can find out where the money was either cashed or picked up from since you were the sender, by using the tracker number...don't let them get away with it!!..yes it seems like a hassle but think of others that have or may still fall victim..the whole daughter thing sounds like a load of bs to me....stuff just doesn't happen like that, and if it does ppl are usually honest not shady. I'll help you if I can...I'm sure others will too...

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
How did you come in contact with them?

TotallyTank

5 Year Member
Albuquerque, NM
Yes I am printing out all correspondence I have saved every text. I am going to take the info to the ag office. The problem is still I chose to spend my anniversary and v day money on the tort that makes it even worse!!!

I found them in yahoo classifieds I did a search for leopard tortoise breeders

Vishnu

5 Year Member
I am very sorry for your losses. Both your loss of your hope for a beautiful tortoise and your loss of money.. It will all work out in the end. I totally believe in Karma and the gift of adoption. Have you considered adoption? I know this doesn't help your loss of money right this second but perhaps you can still get your dream tortoise! Many well wishes your way.

TotallyTank

5 Year Member
Albuquerque, NM
I have placed a wanted add in the wanted section, I have placed an add on Craig's list, also called the tortoise rescue in my city and surrounding cities. I have dogs and children under 10 so they won't adopt me a turtle!!

I lost 140$ and no there is no getting it back. All I can do is report the info I have to the ag's office and hope for better luck next year.

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
Tom said:
Who on Earth were you buying a tortoise from? We have so many good breeders here on the forum...

Sorry this happened to you. I absolutely detest any sort of crookedness.

:) My thoughts also!

Status
Not open for further replies.