Scammers on TFO- @deercorpse and @rebmassor -Discussion

allegraf

10 Year Member!
Hello All,

I am the newest member of the "don't trust anyone club". I'm not sure how many of you are familiar with the post by @deercorpse in which he claims chis wife was sick with cancer and had her tortoise stolen. I foolishly offered a hatchling for free if they paid for shipping. I was contacted by several members worried that I might be getting scammed. Well, I was at least almost. Thanks to all the people who contacted me with their concern and information. You all have my deepest respect and thanks.

Initially, I was a bit suspicious as it was an obvious ploy but the crying of "cancer" got me. I figured who could be low enough to call the C-card over a free hatchling. I was guarded but hopeful it was a legit person down on their luck, it was the very least I could do the help someone when life was kicking them down. Then "rebmassor" started to confirm that they met with deercorpse and that they were good people down on their luck. Playing me the entire time. Please do not have anything to do with them. As they are one in the same. The same sick bast***using different usernames trying to scam people. @AmRoKo beat me to it, I was contacted by another member who was likewise suspicious and pointed me in the direction of fauna. I contacted the mods there and here is the result: http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1814893#post1814893

I also contact the mods here and I have free reign to out them as scammers. So here is the email outing the bast****.

Scott Champlin and your fake dying wife Sherri: How dare you be such a bast*** for such a simple thing as a free tortoise. Sir, I can honestly say, you suck.

Enjoy all. At least they never got the torts. Thank goodness I keep the hatchling for at least a month or the little one may have ended up God knows where.

Allegra

Last edited by a moderator:

leigti

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
southeast Washington
Wow. Some people really truly suck. I was a little suspicious at times but I thought maybe I was just having a bad day. Sick of people etc. and was being paranoid. But I have seen people in truly dire straits and have seen worse things than this happen to good people. So in the end I guess I fell for it. I'm glad you were smart. And I am definitely a member of your club now again.

pfara

10 Year Member!
Maryland
Allegra, for someone as kind and amazing as you, stuff like *that* just shouldn't happen. Some people are seriously screwed up, but don't let that big heart of yours change. If someone really wants one of those beautiful torts of yours, they'll come up with the money; your time and efforts should be reimbursed :)

Still.. sorry to see you had to go through that.

tortdad

5 Year Member
NW Houston TX
I've been saying that forms while. I'm in the process of adopting a Redfoot from someone and Deercorpse keeps sending me messages begging for the tort. I'm sure s/he is bombing the current owner with the same sob story. My scam alarm went off months ago with this person. I haven't heard for the tort owner in a few days sonic hoping she didn't fall for it.

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
Sad. What a loser. Thank goodness you didn't send the tortoise and you found out the truth.

kathyth

10 Year Member!
Beaumont, CA.
Allegraf,

Glad you outed these terrible people!! I remember your kindness in offering up your hatchling. You're a very nice person! They bite!
God forbid they just get an honest job. Oops..... I said the H word. Never mind.
Creep's!!

I will always be leary of someone wanting a tortoise to help them get through an illness.
Yay to everyone who alerted others of your suspicions!!

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
All very, very tragic stuff.
But for those of you who have lost faith in human nature, just remember that is the people like Allegra and the vast majority of the decent, caring, tortoise and turtle loving people on this forum (and others) that can remind us that there IS good in this world too.
And we will win.

AmRoKo

5 Year Member
Florida
I am so glad that you were able to be alerted before sending out one of your beautiful hatchlings to this low life scum. You are a great tortoise person Allegraf, it is sickening that there are people like, deercorpse/and his other usernames, that use an illness to get free stuff.

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
This is the worse of people. Low life for sure.

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
Yikes! Glad you caught that in time before you sent the hatchling. What a sad world we live in now.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
What I find a little scary is the fact that this scammer, if you read their posts, they sound fairly knowledgable and real tort and turt lovers. Not like the typical scammer that usually only posts on for sale and adoption threads.

Bryan

10 Year Member!
Good on you for being a good person as we all know you to be Allegra. Shame on these ****ing dirtbags for trying to take advantage of kindness from good people. Life has a way of taking care of people like these if it isn't already doing it. Don't change who you are because that's what makes you a special individual. I also feel sick for giving that poster my heart felt sympathy when they are such scumbags.