Scammers on TFO- @deercorpse and @rebmassor -Discussion

tortdad

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
NW Houston TX
Well. I'm adopting an adult Redfoot from a lady in Illinois. She ordered the shipping kit from ship your reptile which took a few days to come in. During that time Deercorpse send me multiple messages begging for the tort to which I said no. I knew this person was most likely a scammer and then this thread came out with proof. I also knew this person was sending messages to the original owner so i sent her an email telling her that I knew she was free to send her tortoise to whoever she wanted to (the original owner was even paying for shipping) but I wanted to warn her about this scammer. She replied back saying that Deercorpse had in fact contacted her and she was thinking of sending it to them instead. Long story short..... It was shipped to me last night and is at my local sorting facility to be delivered before 10:30 today.

Deercorpse 0
Unified TFO 1

allegraf

10 Year Member!
Wow, what an a-hole! They PM'd me a month back asking about a good red foot setup and gave me the same line of malarkey about cancer. I think I may have even sent them your way because they were asking where I got my torts from. Sorry to have fueled the sh**-storm.
Nah, I fell into stupidity on my own. Lesson learned. Anyways, this is the latest update on fauna:

There was some interaction with Levi4turtle via email; the culmination being this gem (replacing two words with
2232censored.gif
is the only modification I made to the text):
Quote:
Hi I been trying to figure this out since yesterday, all the damage my brother has done. First off today me and my girlfriend got some threating messages on our facebook one was bad and was threating our family including my kids which I don't take lightly so me and my girlfriend were talking about it and my brother came out and told us what he's been doing and I'm am shocked what he told us, he is mentally ill but he seems to be ok. He's been living with me since our mom past 5 years ago since I'm the older brother and my mom said if anything ever happen to her that I would take care of him and look out for him. He has been told he has many different things like paranoid schizophrenia and major case of bi polar but he has been on meds for some time now and has been stable I thought. I been going threw the trash on my email and found this one and others and been trying to figure out what all he did because now I don't trust him and don't know if he's telling me everything so that's why I'm writing you to figure this out. He ended up flipped out and I had to call the cops it got so bad and he said he hasn't been taking his meds and he went to jail because he punched me, I'm not home a lot with driving to work over hour each way and working 6 days a week and cub scouts I'm barely home and know he was always on the computer in our computer room but I figure he was just chatting to people since he's so anti social he has no friends and I tried but he don't like being around other people with his illness. Your saying there is 6 accounts? I only ever had one and barely use it. All my stuff has the auto log in, I never thought he would pull this
2232censored.gif
. I'm trying to get everything together for Monday to talk to the judge and try to get him help in a mental hospital and would like all the info I can get on what he has been doing with my account and my computer. The one person knew both my kids names and that's scary. I'm trying to look out for my family and figure out what the idiot has done to put my family at risk he told me some stuff but like I said I don't trust him now and cant believe if its everything because he pissed someone off enough that they threaten my family saying they know where I live and to watch my back and having kids I don't take that lightly and if you have kids I'm sure you would feel the same way too. I don't know how my info got out to someone I tried reasoning with them but they are hell bent on still threating me and when the police came my girl friend showed them and told us to find out his location and call the local police which we did, because there threats I'm not taking them as a joke and I need to find out everything for that purpose too. All info will help me figure this bs out. I need to get to work please let me know everything you can because I don't know what he did to **** someone off so damn bad, he told me a lot of
2232censored.gif
but it wasn't so bad that I should be receiving threats to my family.

Scott David
Time once again for a reminder:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Levi4turtle
I seen and seen scammers and figured out how they work. But I'm the bad guy
So it's all the mentally ill brother's doing....
He's "only ever had one" account, and barely used it? Nice try, but the account using the name Scott David is one of the newest in the group; with others dating back to 2006.
I like how he played the cards though - mom died, he took in the mentally ill brother who is running amok online while he's busy with work and Cub Scouts. Okay, maybe the Cub Scouts card was a little much.

Bottom line - "Scott David" was told that before I would take anything he says seriously, he would have to provide confirmation of his identity. No big surprise - he has not yet done so. Maybe he'll make me eat my words...but if HE is Scott David (not Scott David Champlin, just Scott David), that will make the next page or so of this thread pretty interesting.

On a more serious note, I would hope that people aren't actually making threats against him or his family.

------
I call BS, that long rambling email is the same as all the correspondence I got from deercorpse . I think it is still one in the same person.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I just hate it when they can't take the time to put in a period or a comma. What a long, disjointed, rambling note. The cancer card, the sick brother card and then boy scouts. Whoo-eee

AmRoKo

5 Year Member
Florida
The scammers real name is Lance Owens, he is pretty well known by now on fauna as a constant scammer, always making different aliases and stories.

Bryan

10 Year Member!
His name here is *** hole.

That sounds about right. That name and dumb**** seems to be growing in popularity these days.

Haha people like him need a good old fashion *** kicking .

It's too bad that the law protects people like this. If he wasn't already proven to be a BS artist I'd say that someone crossed the line if they threatened his family but that's probably BS too.

pepsiandjac

10 Year Member!
Swansea UK
What a scumbag,I'm just glad I didn't read the threads when it was happening cos I'm an easy touch and donate to any sob story which no doubt some have been scammers,but this guy was actually grooming his victims,and God knows how many he's actually got away with.
One thing is clear, as this thread shows ,for every disguting vile person, theres 20 good people,so don't change who you are just because of of him.Not every sob story is a scam.but i think I will be a little more cautious in the future

Eric Phillips

5 Year Member
Ohio
Man I just seen this thread, wow what a shame! There are so many good hearted people on here I hate to see any of you have a bitter heart over a scumbag like that dude. So many of you deserve personal recognitions for all that you've done for someone like me who loves turtles and tortoise as much as u do. I just want to say sorry for those who've been burned by a scammer but praise you for being the type of person this community needs.