Scared of any animals?

ascott

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Apple Valley, California
It really makes life hard in the summer. I won't take the poor dog out after dark, lol.

Lol...you're killing me here..lol...I would suggest turning the light out about 5 minutes before potty break...slowly open the door and shove the dog out them quickly slam it shut....lol

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Omg and fire ants!! Ok I'm not afraid of them I just hate them because I'm super allergic to them. DBF!!!! They all can DBF!!
it took me a few minutes to get that fires probably the best solution.

Nephelle

Pittsburgh, PA
I had to know. The nightmare snake caterpillar that was obviously made of darkness and terror turns into....

Hemerophanes_triptolemus_sjh.JPG

Sorry, Lexiii.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Suburban-life in Salem, Oregon
I had to know. The nightmare snake caterpillar that was obviously made of darkness and terror turns into....

Hemerophanes_triptolemus_sjh.JPG

Sorry, Lexiii.
Thank You My Dear ! ! And I mean that with all of my heart. I truthfully wanted to know, I simply lacked the dedicated motivation to track it down on my own. You are my heroine now!

Lexiii

CT
One hot summer night there was a giant moth flapping around my bedroom. I pulled the blankets over my head and screamed for my husband, but he was sleeping downstairs and didn't hear me. I spent the whole night under the covers, woke up covered in sweat. I could feel the thing hitting the blankets trying to get me.

In the morning he found it on the ceiling over my bed. It was the size of a bird I swear to God. Of course he caught it and chased me around the house with it.

There could be ten people sitting in a room, and if a moth shows up it will fly directly at me.

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
One hot summer night there was a giant moth flapping around my bedroom. I pulled the blankets over my head and screamed for my husband, but he was sleeping downstairs and didn't hear me. I spent the whole night under the covers, woke up covered in sweat. I could feel the thing hitting the blankets trying to get me.

In the morning he found it on the ceiling over my bed. It was the size of a bird I swear to God. Of course he caught it and chased me around the house with it.

There could be ten people sitting in a room, and if a moth shows up it will fly directly at me.
Hmmmmm.
Either you are a bright light to a moth, shining like a candle...
or you smell of moth pheromones!;)

AnimalLady

My husband has the same thing going with Palmetto Bugs (the huge flying cockroaches!!) There could be 20 people outside and the things will fly directly at him and just dive bomb him! If I see any before he does, I back the hell away from him! LOL!!

Lexiii

CT
My husband has the same thing going with Palmetto Bugs (the huge flying cockroaches!!) There could be 20 people outside and the things will fly directly at him and just dive bomb him! If I see any before he does, I back the hell away from him! LOL!!
Those things are disgusting! I was terrified the whole time I was in Florida.

Kapidolo Farms

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
South of Southern California, but not Mexico
I've worked in a few zoos, farms, and research vivariums, and spent much time in the wild with a wide range of animals. Animal fears - large groups of free roaming monkeys (maybe some sort of lingering fear regarding those damn flying monkeys in Wizard of Oz). A single monkey or even two or three is okay, but when 20 or so come running towards you, I actually experience hard fear, I even get panicky. I've experienced this a few times, they were not quite need to change my under wear moments, but pretty close to it. Elephants in person (okay to look at in a zoo or at a great distance in the wild) but not in person to work with or encounter in the wild.

AnimalLady

I've worked in a few zoos, farms, and research vivariums, and spent much time in the wild with a wide range of animals. Animal fears - large groups of free roaming monkeys (maybe some sort of lingering fear regarding those damn flying monkeys in Wizard of Oz). A single monkey or even two or three is okay, but when 20 or so come running towards you, I actually experience hard fear, I even get panicky. I've experienced this a few times, they were not quite need to change my under wear moments, but pretty close to it. Elephants in person (okay to look at in a zoo or at a great distance in the wild) but not in person to work with or encounter in the wild.

Uhhh yea, that would scare the crap outta me!

I always thought of Monkeys to be kind, sweet creatures, UNTIL that story aired about the woman who's pet monkey ate her friends face off! Scared of the fkers ever since! My son has been trying to get me to go to Monkey Jungle, NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN. Their father can take them!

Elephants, the closest ive ever been to one was at the zoo, huge, gorgeous creatures they are! :)

Kapidolo Farms

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
South of Southern California, but not Mexico
Uhhh yea, that would scare the crap outta me!

I always thought of Monkeys to be kind, sweet creatures, UNTIL that story aired about the woman who's pet monkey ate her friends face off! Scared of the fkers ever since! My son has been trying to get me to go to Monkey Jungle, NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN. Their father can take them!

Elephants, the closest ive ever been to one was at the zoo, huge, gorgeous creatures they are! :)
The face episode was a chimp, they are scary one on one.

A friend worked at a open range zoo on an island off the coast of Georgia. There were two or maybe three groups of lemurs that free ranged the whole island, each about 20+ members. She walked me onto a bridge, handed me some meal worms then banged on the guard rail. About 20 lemurs came running for their meal worm treats. This was one way she had to monitor them, it's not like they were in a cage. That was sorta freaky. Lemurs are as gentle as a primate gets, and that was freaky.

When I was in VietNam now some 15 years ago, I would see several Macaques come down to the far shore of a river everyday and play and bath in the water. I wanted to get a picture, but across the river was to far for the image to be anything other than a brown fuzzy thing among the green foliage. I got the clever idea of swimming across with camera raised above the water, sorta one handed dog paddle stroke. I got real close and had the full undivided attention of many macaques. One shutter click and they decided I was not benign and they all screamed and ran. Just the scream they let out chilled me. I am glad they ran instead of deciding they should further enter the water and attack. I have accidentally stepped on cats' tails and they scream, but nothing like this.

Lastly I was in South Africa looking at tortoises now 6 years ago, and while driving along a road way out there in the lower Karoo, I saw a band of several dozens (50? 75?) Baboons go running from one tree island to another. The plan had been to look around the tree islands as potential sanctuaries from all the otherwise open desert to find tortoises. When I got out of the car I heard the baboons screaming back at the tree island they left. So, why did they leave, and should I go there? The island of trees they went to was now out of the question, the island they came from had something going on that chased many many baboons away. I looked elsewhere for tortoises that moment in the trip.

Some of the scenes from the most recent Planet of the Apes cause hair on my neck to bristle. Large groups of roving monkeys are scary.