Scooter doesn't seem to be growing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Florida, USA
I just read all the posts on your thread. I'm so sorry that you had to go through this with your little one. The fact that you wanted to spare him from the previous owner putting him down shows your compassion for animals. I know it really hurts now, but in time, it will get better especially since you know (and we all are telling you) you did your best for your lil one. If you are considering another sulcata, email me and I'll make sure you get a really healthy baby. I have a friend whose sulcatas mate and have babies a couple of times a year. I got my babies (two of them) from her and the picture I'm sending is when they were 1 month old. If you respond, email me and I'll send you more pics of what they look like now-a year later. Sibi

LiveTilWeLaugh said:
Thank you all for your condolences, it really is making me feel better knowing that I was doing everything I could. I am unsure of whether I will get another tortoise (I am definitely considering it) but it's not something I feel I can let into my heart right now. I have tried contacting the breeder and they said they have a 5 day guarantee and there is nothing they would do. Which, I know, is crap. But there isn't much I can do.

Attachments

• Baby Tortoise.jpg
    Baby Tortoise.jpg
    502.1 KB · Views: 28

Biff Malibu

5 Year Member
Los Angeles
This story made me so sad. :(

* Note I am a adult man, and this almost made me cry. I really, really, really hate to see health problems with humans and animal babies.

jpmcclure

5 Year Member
Modesto (Northern) California
Biff Malibu said:
This story made me so sad. :(

* Note I am a adult man, and this almost made me cry. I really, really, really hate to see health problems with humans and animal babies.

Me too Biff. My heart still aches for Liv :(

Linzbragg

5 Year Member
I'm crying for you too! Poor little guy. It must have just been too much for him to live, I hope he wasn't in pain before he went. You'd never know since they're silent. He was lucky to have you tending to him during his final days.

jpmcclure said:
Not sure if I'm allowed to "plug" breeders in here. If not I apologize and pls delete. I got Thor from tortoisesupply.com. I think his name was Tyler. Other than the rock eating, he's been very healthy and happy ever since. He arrived completely healthy and adorable and the price was good.

mine tries to eat rocks too. he picks them up and holds them in his mouth until i take them out. weirdos!

LiveTilWeLaugh

5 Year Member
Help with the growing? No, in this case it would not have since his shell was not the problem. The underlying problem was worms.

Status
Not open for further replies.