Seattle Reptile Expo - Puyallup, WA

Status
Not open for further replies.

TylerStewart

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Las Vegas, NV.
Anyone in the Northwest going to be at the Seattle show in a few weeks? We got a booth there, and will be making the crazy drive up for it. It's October 15-16, just South of Seattle. Just curious who might be there; I've never done a show so far North before. It'll be about an 18 hour drive. Shoot me now please!

Balboa

5 Year Member
PNW
Well knowing that you guys will be there, I may have to drop by, especially if your lovely spokesperson will be attending :)

Its right down the hill from us, not much excuse I can come up with not to attend.

TylerStewart

10 Year Member!
Las Vegas, NV.
Assuming that you're referring to my wife as the spokesman, I cannot guarantee that she will be there. We are still trying to figure out details about the trip up there (we have a mini vacation the week before), and it's never easy to find a babysitter for 4 days for a 1 and a 2 year old. I have a few friends up there that may end up helping if she can't make it. Either way, we'll have a nice selection of animals and lots of supplies. I have 4 tables there right now, and have been debating adding a few more. Should be a fun show!

Balboa

5 Year Member
PNW
I know how it is with kids. Darn, would be dissapointing not to meet your better half :) but I'm sure I wouldn't mind chatting you up a bit either. You'll be the first TFO folks I'll have met face to face.

M

Maggie Cummings

I have been to that show several times and each time it has been too crowded, with too many booths in too small of an area, and too many people, with not many tortoises at all. The last time I went there was 1 bin full of Sulcata and Russian babies and that was it for tortoises. But Tyler if you're going to be there with good products I will make the trip up there to meet you in person. I'd like to buy a couple of lights, will you be selling some? Maybe some T-Rex by chance? I am looking forward to meeting you...

TylerStewart

10 Year Member!
Las Vegas, NV.
maggie3fan said:
I have been to that show several times and each time it has been too crowded, with too many booths in too small of an area, and too many people, with not many tortoises at all. The last time I went there was 1 bin full of Sulcata and Russian babies and that was it for tortoises. But Tyler if you're going to be there with good products I will make the trip up there to meet you in person. I'd like to buy a couple of lights, will you be selling some? Maybe some T-Rex by chance? I am looking forward to meeting you...

Sorry, just saw this reply, we will have a nice variety of lights, but nothing T-Rex.... They were difficult to get the account going, and without really a "full line" of supplies, I didn't put a whole lot of effort into them.... I'm trying to get a massive shipment from Exo Terra before Seattle, and I will also have Zoo Med stuff there and Solar Brite (my favorite for mercury vapor). Either way you should come by and say hi. I have no idea what to expect at the show, but crowded, to me as a vendor, is a good thing! I'm still trying to figure out how I'm gonna make the drive and maintain sanity....

dramrah

5 Year Member
I'm considering going as I'm a chenolian newbie looking for a tortoise for my younger sister and it would be good to have a bunch of tort people together to talk to as well as a variety of supplies and animals to peruse, but if there isn't going to be that much tortoise stuff there I might not. Would it be worth my while?

Floof

10 Year Member!
Southern California
Awww. One more reason to be sad about missing the Puyallup show this year, lol! Maggie, last time I went to the Puyallup show (2 years ago), it wasn't too terribly crowded. Not nearly as crowded as some I've been to in the PNW, at least--there was still a walkway through most aisles! But, that was the only year I've gone, so I don't know if that was a "normal" year or if it was just kind of slow that day or what (or maybe I just have a way different view of "crowded").

Dramrah, I would say it's definitely worth it... (But then, I may be biased--I love the legless things just as much as the shelled ones!) At the very least, reptile expos are pretty fun to just browse if you live close enough. When I went to the Puyallup expo, we drove around 2 or 2.5 hours to get there (4-5 hour round trip). Totally worth it. :D

I'm seriously missing having all those expos every year up there in WA/OR. Here in Utah there's ONE per year. (Which I'm most definitely looking forward to. If Tyler isn't there, I'll be terribly upset--I'm hoping to snag one of his Russians if I'm not too broke!)

Balboa

5 Year Member
PNW
BTW Tyler, if you're going to bring cactus, you'll get a sale from me. It may just be me not knowing where to look, but we simply do not have cactus pads locally. As a matter of fact, that might be a hot seller for you up here. (unless I'm the only fool that can't find them.... hmm wouldn't be a first there).

TylerStewart

10 Year Member!
Las Vegas, NV.
I'm sure I'll have some cactus up there.... It doesn't usually sell very well at shows (and I hate taking it all the way home) so I don't bring much, but I'll bring 30-40 pounds. Good grief, I was just checking your weather, I'm gonna have to bundle up! Today was 101 here in Vegas; I'm not prepared for your temperatures.

Here in Utah there's ONE per year. (Which I'm most definitely looking forward to. If Tyler isn't there, I'll be terribly upset--I'm hoping to snag one of his Russians if I'm not too broke!)

I won't have a booth in Utah this year, for the first time in 8 years! They started enforcing the 4" turtle/tortoise law there in 2008, ticketed a few of us vendors with them, and haven't allowed them since. I still did the show in 2009 and 2010 with just 4"+ tortoises, but nobody wants that size or that price, so the show is more and more difficult to do (I have almost nothing right now that is big enough). This year, I'll be there Saturday for a few hours walking around with my wife, probably hanging out in the Tropical Ecos booth while we are there (they are good friends of ours), but we won't have a table this year. You should come down to the Vegas show in October.... Only maybe 5 hours away (from SLC), and a much bigger show than Utah.

Floof

10 Year Member!
Southern California
TylerStewart said:
I won't have a booth in Utah this year, for the first time in 8 years! They started enforcing the 4" turtle/tortoise law there in 2008, ticketed a few of us vendors with them, and haven't allowed them since. I still did the show in 2009 and 2010 with just 4"+ tortoises, but nobody wants that size or that price, so the show is more and more difficult to do (I have almost nothing right now that is big enough). This year, I'll be there Saturday for a few hours walking around with my wife, probably hanging out in the Tropical Ecos booth while we are there (they are good friends of ours), but we won't have a table this year. You should come down to the Vegas show in October.... Only maybe 5 hours away (from SLC), and a much bigger show than Utah.

Darn it, and I was really looking forward to your booth, too! :(

I'll have to swing down to the Vegas show one of these days. This October is going to be too hectic as it is to make it down, but isn't there one in the spring? I have family in SoCal, and my dad wants to meet them halfway for a mini vacation in Vegas... He wants me to tag along; I told him I was only going if they plan it around one of the Vegas expos. (He said okay. woohoo!) If I can ever get down there for the expo, I'll be looking forward to seeing you there! (And resisting taking home more than one RT--lol!)

dramrah

5 Year Member
Well, I think I'll just have to check it out, then.

I'm really hoping to find a CB marginated tort young enough to fit into one of TylerStewart's beige tortoise tables. If you have one of those with you at the expo, I will totally take it off your hands! This should be fun, I've never been to a reptile expo before. Or an expo, for that matter.

Balboa

5 Year Member
PNW
we'll be there tomorrow, sunday. We'll look for some of you there :)

Status
Not open for further replies.