Secret Santa Gift Arrivals

Zamric

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
The Crystal Unicorn
I thought I'd start a thread for all those Secret Santa gift that are starting to arrive.

Mine has come in today. It is something from Amazon but I wont be opening it anytime soon (Unless Santa says it's OK!;) ) It is Currently sitting on my Fireplace Mantel, so who ever my secret Santa is.... Your gift has arrived safe and sound!:p

1st gift of the season!

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Okay, sooooo who are you guessing sent it and what do you think it is????

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
OOO! thanks for starting this thread. I hate to shop, so I'm not participating, but I get excited reading about everyone receiving their gifts and telling about what they got.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I'm with Yvonne. I too don't participate, although I like too shop, just not for people that are too hard to buy for, like people you don't really know. I do love read the post though. Can't wait to see more gift arriving and what they are:D

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
After you make your guesses, your SS says you may open your gift. We want to see what you gotso pictures please!!

Zamric

10 Year Member!
The Crystal Unicorn
Jacqui said:
After you make your guesses, your SS says you may open your gift. We want to see what you gotso pictures please!!

Well, without a comprehensive list of all the players in the game and with the only clue being the card inside that says "A gift from Pamala (last name removed)"

... I'm guessing Pam from Minnesota...:rolleyes:

... and my guess as to the gift?

The box is 4"x5"x12" and has a lable that says... "StealStreet" "gift, jewelry, home decor, collectables and much more from StealStreet.com

I put my collections as Wizards and Dragons.... I'm guessing a Wizard or Dragon.... the box is tall for a Wizard.... so maybe a Dragon?

LisaTurtle

5 Year Member
Seattle
I'm participating (haven't mailed the gift yet, will get it out this weekend) but I was wondering if I'm supposed to put my name/username on the card. Or is the receiver really supposed to guess? Just include some kind of clue...? I guess I don't really know how to play SS :)

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
I thought on the other thread there was a complete list of names (16 I think?). I need to check on that.

Lisa, some folks decide to put their mailing address on the top corner where it normally goes. When I did mine, I didn't choose to go that way. I put something like Secret Santa, 101 Snowtortoise Lane, North Pole. I even mailed mine from another state to further confuse things. :D

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Jacqui said:
I thought on the other thread there was a complete list of names (16 I think?). I need to check on that.

Lisa, some folks decide to put their mailing address on the top corner where it normally goes. When I did mine, I didn't choose to go that way. I put something like Secret Santa, 101 Snowtortoise Lane, North Pole. I even mailed mine from another state to further confuse things. :D

So sneaky and her poor husband, having to do all her dirty work:p :D I think a good idea would be to not put your name, but you could put your address, as we don't know most members address, only state and there is usually more then one member from that state. So, if you try to guess, before looking at the list, it would be a little harder to guess, then you could check your guess to the list.

Just an idea from a non participating member:D

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
wellington said:
Jacqui said:
I even mailed mine from another state to further confuse things. :D

So sneaky and her poor husband, having to do all her dirty work:p :D

No, he didn't. Though I wish he could, he would have a hard time finding an actual post office to mail it, since it's a box. I only know one truckstop that actually has a post office within it. Many have mailboxes, but you can't do packages that way. No, I myself drove to another state to mail it. :p :D

pam

5 Year Member
Minnesota
You are right its me Pam :) I didn't know they were going to add my name to the card I hope you like it :)

Zamric

10 Year Member!
The Crystal Unicorn
pam said:
You are right its me Pam :) I didn't know they were going to add my name to the card I hope you like it :)

I will open it this evening when I get home! NOW I'm all excited about Christmas!:p

theresal

5 Year Member
Terrytown,LA
This is exciting! I wish the gift I ordered for my SS would hurry up and get to my house so I could mail it out. I ordered it the day I found out my SS. You know it really is difficult to buy for people you know let alone someone you don't. And you just have a couple sentences on what they like. So, I hope my SS enjoys their gift.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Zamric said:
pam said:

I will open it this evening when I get home! NOW I'm all excited about Christmas!:p

I am excited to see what you have gotten.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
sissyofone said:
I'm mailing my as gift out this weekend. :D I'm excited and I hope my person enjoys their gift.

This is almost as much fun as Christmas day don't you think? All the suspense. :DI am sure your SS will like the gift. :)

LolaMyLove

10 Year Member!
Walnut Creek, Ca
I mailed mine yesterday. UPS ground wanted $25, I almost choked. It went USPS instead, wounded how long it will take to get there.

Zamric

10 Year Member!
The Crystal Unicorn
Just mailed 2 packages to my kids in Germany (APO) at a cost of $75! It cost 2/3 what I spent on all the gifts in the 2 boxes....geeesh!

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
One thing to consider for next year, is to order online and either get free shipping or minimal shipping and have the item sent right to your SS. Might be cheaper that way.
I can't wait until you all get them and share pics. It is exciting Jacqui. :D