Security Warnings on Page Load

Status
Not open for further replies.

HLogic

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Florida, USA
Since the site reskinning took effect, I have been receiving 'you are about to view pages over a secure connection' warning dialogs on every page transition. I assume this is precipitated when the login validation occurs as part of the page load event.

I realize that most folks disable the security warnings when transitioning between secure and unsecure sites/pages but I am not one of them... Leaving them active is a sure way to discern when a site has 'faulty' security and one is at risk of exposing sensitive data.

Is there a way to modify the code-behind to eliminate the security warning? Prior to the reskinning these warning dialogs did not occur.

I'd be glad to help with any additional info needed...

TIA,

Josh

Ask questions, share answers, talk torts!
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Redlands, CA
Hi Art,

Can you take a screen shot of the errors your receive? I think I've got another member with the same issue.

Thanks

HLogic

5 Year Member
Florida, USA
Josh said:
Hi Art,

Can you take a screen shot of the errors your receive? I think I've got another member with the same issue.

Thanks

It's not an error. It is the Security Alert generated by IE when you move from an unsecure page to a secure one. See below:
Security Alert.JPG

If the image above does not display (it didn't in preview), click below. This is the dialog I am getting...

Security Alert

Note: The URL was only used to show the dialog box displayed. It is not necessarily an accurate description of the problem or solution.

Last edited by a moderator:

HLogic

5 Year Member
Florida, USA
Josh,

This is no longer a problem... Not sure if you did something or the last IE update fixed something they broke with the previous but all is good now!

Thanks!!

Josh

Ask questions, share answers, talk torts!
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Redlands, CA
Glad to hear it, Art.

Status
Not open for further replies.