Seeds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seiryu

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
SE Michigan
So spring is here and I'm looking to buy grass seeds for my leopard tortoise.

I've tried turtlestuff.com, had a bad experience and won't buy there.

Carolinapetsupply has a good mix, but $20 for a 1lb bag of seeds seems like a lot. I ended up going with them last year and still have some left over, but this year, Thor's outdoor enclosure will be done and I need a lot more than I have.

Anyone know of any places that have a seed grass/weeds mix at a reasonable price?

moswen

5 Year Member
http://www.sulcatafood.com/ is reasonable in my opinion since you don't have to pay for shipping, but if thor is a sulcata, which i'm pretty sure he is, then you can usually go to your local feed store and get a fairly huge bag of "pasture mix" that contains any mixture of bermuda, timothy, orchard grass, and alfalfa, and/or some others, for a pretty decent price.

also, i'm sending out packages of dandelion seeds that i've collected from my back yard (pesticide free for three years) if you want me to send you any of those! just pm me your address. they're free!

Seiryu

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
SE Michigan
moswen said:
http://www.sulcatafood.com/ is reasonable in my opinion since you don't have to pay for shipping, but if thor is a sulcata, which i'm pretty sure he is, then you can usually go to your local feed store and get a fairly huge bag of "pasture mix" that contains any mixture of bermuda, timothy, orchard grass, and alfalfa, and/or some others, for a pretty decent price.

also, i'm sending out packages of dandelion seeds that i've collected from my back yard (pesticide free for three years) if you want me to send you any of those! just pm me your address. they're free!

No, he's a Leopard tortoise as stated in my first post. But same types of food as a sulcata anyhow.

I have a local feed store. However when I went there, he mentioned something called "Endophytes" which I guess is very harmful to tortoises and he said a lot of his seeds had it. I might have to stop by again and see. It was a while ago

Status
Not open for further replies.