Septicaemia pink or growth spurt pink?

Honey001

Location (City and/or State)
Birmingham UK
So today as I was soaking him I picked him up so I could use his toothbrush to get dirt out of his crevices and I noticed his plastron was very pink. He is eating normally, waking up and going to sleep at normal times and doesn’t seem ill. He is slightly off but I think it might be because on Saturday I deep cleaned his enclosure and moved a few things around and he really doesn’t like change. Do you think this pink is from growing or do I need to take him to the vet?
Thankyou <3

Attachments

• IMG_9986.jpeg
    IMG_9986.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 5

zovick

10 Year Member!
So today as I was soaking him I picked him up so I could use his toothbrush to get dirt out of his crevices and I noticed his plastron was very pink. He is eating normally, waking up and going to sleep at normal times and doesn’t seem ill. He is slightly off but I think it might be because on Saturday I deep cleaned his enclosure and moved a few things around and he really doesn’t like change. Do you think this pink is from growing or do I need to take him to the vet?
Thankyou <3
No vet visit is required. That pink coloration appears to be from the new growth. It is not septicemia, especially considering the tortoise has been acting quite normally (keeping in mind the changes to its enclosure).