Sergeant Frog! UPDATE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashleigh B

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Yucaipa CA
I finished his new tank today! He seemed to love it cause when I put him back in after taking him out to due it, he went crazy, started hopping around on the rocks, climbing the sticks, he adoride it! Thought I had to put the bridge in there, or he wasn't going to be happy, he loves hidding under it and all cause it attracts his food. XD here's a pic!

Attachments

• IMG-20120812-00353.jpg
    IMG-20120812-00353.jpg
    178.1 KB · Views: 61

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Yes, he needs more land. Not just one rock. Get a clean piece of sod even and put in with him. There is frog moss you could get also. Epoxy a piece of glass or plexiglass in part of the tank so you can have some land and water areas for him.

Deac77

5 Year Member
It's still way to small for him at this size he needs at least a 20gal also I'd use half and half water land with coco fiber for the substrate

Ashleigh B

5 Year Member
Yucaipa CA
Actually, he's only two inches and spends most of his time in the water anyways, he has two large rocks, a bunch of climbing sticks and I looked up his tank size, he doesn't need the 20 gal just yet.

poison

5 Year Member
he needs coco fiber to burrow in i doubt that he wants to spend the rest of his life in the water and he will more then likely make these burrows at night when your not staring at him. and it dosnt look like he feels secure he needs a lot more foliage to hide behind.

Ashleigh B

5 Year Member
Yucaipa CA
The tanks actually a temperary set up for him. He'll get more stuff later when I get a 10gal for him. Are 20gal is inhabited by a lizard currently so we can't use that tell my dad gets her out-door incloser ready, plus my dad's friends friend might give us some DT hatchlings so when we get them their tank set up, we'll be amle to set up sergeant frogs other tank to, so if someone would be find enough as to send me a pm on what he'll need when we get the 10gal ready then that'd be lovely. I know I need plexy glass to seperate the tank for a swimming area and land zone but everything else would be nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.