Setting up for new baby sully!

Lucy.needs.help

Location (City and/or State)
Austin Texas
Just recently I got an adorable baby sully from an unreliable breeder but sadly, she passed away. It’s been a few weeks now and I think it’s time to stop grieving for her and start preparing to give a new little guy or girl a spectacular life! I am completely starting over because my last setup was highly inconvenient, we can’t buy it all at once because money has been a little tight lately so we are buying things one step at a time. First things first we need an enclosure for it, I have a few plans for what I’m gonna do like putting plants in it to trap in humidity, stuff like that, but I’m asking you guys things every step of the way just to be 100% sure that I do things right this time. What is the best (affordable) indoor enclosure? I want something that is slightly large so I don’t have to get another one when it gets bigger but like should I get a terrarium or something and what kind of lid is the best to trap humidity because from my experience mesh lids don’t work. Ideas?

Unkapunka

Osage City
I don't have much experience but Tom is the master on them. I am sure he will help you.

Happytort27

CA
Just recently I got an adorable baby sully from an unreliable breeder but sadly, she passed away. It’s been a few weeks now and I think it’s time to stop grieving for her and start preparing to give a new little guy or girl a spectacular life! I am completely starting over because my last setup was highly inconvenient, we can’t buy it all at once because money has been a little tight lately so we are buying things one step at a time. First things first we need an enclosure for it, I have a few plans for what I’m gonna do like putting plants in it to trap in humidity, stuff like that, but I’m asking you guys things every step of the way just to be 100% sure that I do things right this time. What is the best (affordable) indoor enclosure? I want something that is slightly large so I don’t have to get another one when it gets bigger but like should I get a terrarium or something and what kind of lid is the best to trap humidity because from my experience mesh lids don’t work. Ideas?
Several members here on the forum use grow tents. They’re great for keeping the humidity up, and they’re also cheap! The 4x2x2 size is plenty of room for a baby and it’ll probably last you a while. You can also use plastic storage containers with a lid for a while. Most of those boxes aren’t large enough to keep your tortoise in, so I would recommend joining two together. Additionally, you can purchase an enclosed chamber from Animal Plastics or Markw84. They make amazing, top notch enclosures that are great for your tortoise.

In case you haven’t read this care sheet yet: