several different species free to good homes

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarcaineArt

5 Year Member
I have had a family emergency that forces me to find homes for my tortoises and turtles because I will be away a lot caring for a family member. I do not know how to ship and would prefer not to. I could drive a reasonable distance to meet a prospective adopter. They are free. I will be keeping my equipment though. There is one sulcata about 10 inches long. One Russian about 7 to 8 inches long. Two larger sliders about 7 to 8 inches and two smaller red paints about 4 inches. Send me a pm if within driving distance of southern NH.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
:( That's so sad. I hope the family member gets well quickly. If it will only be a short time, how about somebody to just foster them? I just hate seeing folks give up their animals.

Laurie

5 Year Member
Saratoga County, New York
I might be able to foster one Russian, but only for a couple of months. I would have to setup a separate enclosure. I can't take one long term, I'm already up to six! A couple of months is doable though. If you're interested in short term care, let me know. I'm in Saratoga county NY.

CourtneyAndCarl

5 Year Member
Middle of nowhere
Laurie said:
I might be able to foster one Russian, but only for a couple of months. I would have to setup a separate enclosure. I can't take one long term, I'm already up to six! A couple of months is doable though. If you're interested in short term care, let me know. I'm in Saratoga county NY.

I thought you only had four.... where did the other two come from? :p

SOAEast

5 Year Member
I hope everything turns out ok for you and your family. Michaelangelo, Boris, and
Hermes are welcome to live with my family from now on. I do however, live in central
Florida, and you mentioned being uneasy about shipping, which I perfectly understand.
If you change your mind, I would be happy to provide them with a spacious new home.
Feel free to contact me. Good luck to you and your family.

dustee35

10 Year Member!
If you change your mind about shipping I would love to have your sulcata come live with us. I live in Ohio. Think about it am=nd let me know if you still need a home. Deanna

MarcaineArt

5 Year Member
The main reason for not wanting to ship is that I don't know how and even with the thread I found on it I worry about their safety. The secondary reason is that shipping is expensive and while I don't mind giving them away to good homes I can't afford to pay for shipping. I really would like them to go to a home where they have a chance at a comfortable and happy (for a tortoise) existence. I honestly didn't think of something like this happening when I adopted/rescued them.

MarcaineArt

5 Year Member
fbsmith3 said:
Have you been able to get any of them adopted yet?
Not locally. I have one person interested in the Russian who is a breeder in Western NY so far that seems to be it.

danosaurous

5 Year Member
Rhode Island
I live in Rhode Island, I could foster one, most likely adopt if you didn't want them back. I hope everything works out :/ I know how hard this must be for you :(

MarcaineArt

5 Year Member
danosaurous said:
I live in Rhode Island, I could foster one, most likely adopt if you didn't want them back. I hope everything works out :/ I know how hard this must be for you :(

Thank you. It isn't easy but it's what is best for them. Were you interested in a particular one?

danosaurous

5 Year Member
Rhode Island
MarcaineArt said:
Thank you. It isn't easy but it's what is best for them. Were you interested in a particular one?

I could care for any of them. Preferably either the Sulcata or the Russian. What ever one you can't find a good home for I would be willing to provide a great home. Just let me know, I really hope this helps :)

MarcaineArt

5 Year Member
I may be shipping the Russian to GBTort because he is taking care of all shipping needs.

leonardo the tmnt said:
Are you shipping now or is it still local?

Dan what part of RI are you in? Could you meet halfway in Mass?

danosaurous said:
MarcaineArt said:

I could care for any of them. Preferably either the Sulcata or the Russian. What ever one you can't find a good home for I would be willing to provide a great home. Just let me know, I really hope this helps :)

danosaurous

5 Year Member
Rhode Island
MarcaineArt said:
I may be shipping the Russian to GBTort because he is taking care of all shipping needs.

Dan what part of RI are you in? Could you meet halfway in Mass?

I live in Hopkington so as far south as you can go lol. But yeah I most likely can meet close to or in mass. Where were you thinking?

MarcaineArt

5 Year Member
At this time it appears that Michaelangelo the sulcatta may be going to danosaurous and that Boris the Russian may be going to GBTortoises. I will update if these plans succeed or fall through. Thank you to everyone. I still have the water turtles but I know that they aren't really what people are looking for here and since they don't require the same type of intensive care that the torts do I should be able to keep them. But if anyone is interested in one or more of the water turtles let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.