Sex for Knobby

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Sorry, maybe if I would have followed suit and said Male, everyone else would have said male and you could have stayed in your own little fairy tail land. ????
Until eggs showed up that is?

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
Sorry, maybe if I would have followed suit and said Male, everyone else would have said male and you could have stayed in your own little fairy tail land. ????
Until eggs showed up that is?
OMG! Who the heck was it that used to "spit my Mt Dew all over my computer", that's what'cha just did to me...LOL!

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
Oh crap. I am not sure why it affects me badly. I have female box turtles. I certainly am not against females. (I are one). But having a male and female Sulcata is not something I am not interested in at all. Not sure what to do about it now. I have been trying to find Knobby a better home, sorta, knowing sooner or later I would either dump him off on Y, or find a forever home for him/her. But I haven't tried very hard, as even tho I have all kinds of stuff wrong with me, I feel alright most of the time, and I enjoy having such an active outgoing tortoise keeping me busy and occupied. Thanks, (I think) everyone.

I'd really rather have any Chaco than a female Sulcata. I feel kinda sick at my stomach
Our girl wags her tail just like a dog (well, not that fast) but it definitely wags. Usually walks with it straight down.

hi!!! (Just from experience.).....I think that means they are trying to go to the bathroom or lay an egg???
does it happen a lot ??? Just making sure you don’t get any problems..... ?

DesertGirl

5 Year Member
Fabulous Las Vegas, NV
hi!!! (Just from experience.).....I think that means they are trying to go to the bathroom or lay an egg???
does it happen a lot ??? Just making sure you don’t get any problems..... ?
Not a lot, no. Usually happens if I’m holding her, petting her shell. I’ll watch for a correlation between that and bathrooming! Thanks for your tip.

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
Have you seen Knobby? Crud, how do I feminize her name now? Anyway, Knobbie is very badly pyramided, but all the new growth she's had with me is smooth. She does not have MBD. She, as you've read, is a trouble maker. Always finds something to get into. I generally open both doggie doors between 8 and 9 am. Knobbie immediately leaves the shed and she starts her morning, but Big Sam won't even think about coming out until 4 to 6 pm. Knobs grazes and naps all day outside. She was rescued walkin downrown Portland Oregon. I "think" she's 5 or 6 years old and 35 lbs.
View attachment 305196
she walks along the fence line testing it for weak spots
View attachment 305197

The pyramiding is sad for sure but happy healthy tortoise it seems to me. I’m no stranger to trouble makers haha I’m building a new sulcata pen now with a very strong fence haha

Hi!!! I am so happy that you are thinking of taking Mary Knobbins! She really needs a good home and a lot of training....
I would totally take her but I already have a giant “girl” sulcata. AND I live in NJ. The worst climate for a sulcata in the ? !!!!!
I have trouble raising THIS one. Taking on another is just cruel to THEM.
But ... if worse comes to worse... I will take Mary in a heart beat!!! No questions asked.
She’s a doll! (With an attitude)... we’d get along perfectly!! Lol ?

NorCal tortoise guy

5 Year Member
Northern California
Hi!!! I am so happy that you are thinking of taking Mary Knobbins! She really needs a good home and a lot of training....
I would totally take her but I already have a giant “girl” sulcata. AND I live in NJ. The worst climate for a sulcata in the ? !!!!!
I have trouble raising THIS one. Taking on another is just cruel to THEM.
But ... if worse comes to worse... I will take Mary in a heart beat!!! No questions asked.
She’s a doll! (With an attitude)... we’d get along perfectly!! Lol ?
I’m just grumpy and stubborn enough to get along well with sulcatas haha