Sex of Russian Tortoise?

PepperSaltSquid

Location (City and/or State)
Utah
Hi there!

We acquired a Russian Tortoise yesterday, who was living in a ten gallon aquarium, we have no idea age or really anything about it's past, I was just wondering if anyone had any guesses on the sex? I'm thinking girl but not 100% sure.

Thanks so much!

Attachments

• Bottom.jpg
    Bottom.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 16
  • 20200505_171903.jpg
    20200505_171903.jpg
    557.8 KB · Views: 16
  • 20200505_171855.jpg
    20200505_171855.jpg
    230.1 KB · Views: 16

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Hi there!

We acquired a Russian Tortoise yesterday, who was living in a ten gallon aquarium, we have no idea age or really anything about it's past, I was just wondering if anyone had any guesses on the sex? I'm thinking girl but not 100% sure.

Thanks so much!
Hello and welcome. I'm thinking she's so cute. That's my best guess. ☺

PepperSaltSquid

Utah
I had a Russian tortoise about 6 years ago who past away who was a boy. We didn't know anything about his past either. So I haven't had one since then. Since she's probably a she, she'll be called Queen Shelizabeth :D Thanks so much for the help, I really appreciate it!

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I had a Russian tortoise about 6 years ago who past away who was a boy. We didn't know anything about his past either. So I haven't had one since then. Since she's probably a she, she'll be called Queen Shelizabeth :D Thanks so much for the help, I really appreciate it!
There's a lot of info on this site about Russians and tortoises in general. Also a lot of more experienced members (I'm sure) will try to help and be answering you soon. Ps I love the name!