Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi Manolo and welcome to the Forum!

We all would appreciate it if you would post in English, as this is an English speaking Forum.

My guess on the sexes would be male, ?, ?, and female

Markw84

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sacramento, CA (Central Valley)
Looks like only the first one is really showing signs of some male sex characteristics. The anals are looking male and it may be developing concavity to the plastron as there is more wear showing on the sides of the plastron with none in the center. The supracaudal seems to be curving inward. The tail is not very large yet for a male. So really a bit early to be sure.

The other 3 look too small/young and probably have not developed sexual characteristics yet. When too young/small to sex - they all look female.

When fully adult it become obvious! In males, the rear edge of the anals thicken noticeably and spread outward, the plastron really develops a big deep concavity, the supracaudal will curve inward-protecting the tail from the ground during mating, and the tail becomes quite large and long.

Manolo

Saint Gilles les bains
Hello everyone,
Indeed I think I will be understood by more people if I write in English...
I wanted to know your opinion on the sex of my turtles (10 years old)
For information I am from the island of Reunion island.
Thanks 🙂

Manolo

Saint Gilles les bains
Hi Manolo and welcome to the Forum!

We all would appreciate it if you would post in English, as this is an English speaking Forum.

My guess on the sexes would be male, ?, ?, and female
Hi, understood, thank you.
I wanted to know your opinion about the sex of my 10 years old turtles.
Thank you in advance.

Manolo

Saint Gilles les bains
Looks like only the first one is really showing signs of some male sex characteristics. The anals are looking male and it may be developing concavity to the plastron as there is more wear showing on the sides of the plastron with none in the center. The supracaudal seems to be curving inward. The tail is not very large yet for a male. So really a bit early to be sure.

The other 3 look too small/young and probably have not developed sexual characteristics yet. When too young/small to sex - they all look female.

When fully adult it become obvious! In males, the rear edge of the anals thicken noticeably and spread outward, the plastron really develops a big deep concavity, the supracaudal will curve inward-protecting the tail from the ground during mating, and the tail becomes quite large and long.
Hello,
Thank you for your response.
They are the same age (10 years) and have been fed the same food.