Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Does anyone know who this picture belongs to:

24.jpg

This won a spot on the calendar and we need their name and address for the prize.

jockma

5 Year Member
Los Angeles County
The boys were festive today...should have posted these earlier.
View attachment 191033View attachment 191034
I want one of those for Bean so bad.

I'm always worried to get one online because I don't know how they would fit a pyramided tort.

I'm pleased to say that after many hours of sweat, tears and agonizing frustration I learned how to sew a single button back onto my pajamas a few months ago. Clearly, I'm destined to be a seamstress and should custom tailor some outfits for Bean. What could go wrong?!

MPRC

5 Year Member
Oregon
I want one of those for Bean so bad.

I'm always worried to get one online because I don't know how they would fit a pyramided tort.

I'm pleased to say that after many hours of sweat, tears and agonizing frustration I learned how to sew a single button back onto my pajamas a few months ago. Clearly, I'm destined to be a seamstress and should custom tailor some outfits for Bean. What could go wrong?!

I am completely self taught. I started by learning to sew a hat and went from there. Hop down to the thrift store or sacrifice some old clothes and just play with it. Its frustratingly fun.

I'm not great at sizing yet, I have 6 though so I can make it for the next tortoise size up or down. Unless I make it too small. Then my boyfriend's tiny stuffed tortoise gets to be a piranha.
1478035459171.jpg

jockma

5 Year Member
Los Angeles County
I self-taught soapmaking so I'm looking forward to pursuing other skills, but if a single button took me a few hours and made me cry intermittently I think I should start with a flowing Bean garment made entirely out of buttons. It was fun and rewarding...but it was a single button, so I'm terrified of the challenges that lay ahead.
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1478054296.000866.jpg
Not back in the states yet but thankfully our friends (the house/tortoise sitters) are taking great care of him and send me photos and videos. This one made me happy because he looks so small despite being about 8". My baby. I put a bow on him because he had dirt all over his head as usual.

MPRC

5 Year Member
Oregon
Dirty tortoise, happy tortoise.