Share your red foot pictures!

RIO'S MOM

Location (City and/or State)
Northeastern U.S.A.
View attachment 188091 i just adore their "dragon legs". View attachment 188092 and the scaly tails! Sooo cute! Too bad they hide them most of the time View attachment 188093 look at that!!!! Isn't that a dragon foot?! View attachment 188094 Shellie's "dragon leg" View attachment 188095this must be why they call them the redfooted. View attachment 188096Tucker has just red heels. View attachment 188097 and my absolute favorite! Those 3 symetrical "achilles scales". She looks like wearing those seemed nylons:)

Love these shots. Yes, very Dragony ! This must have been a tussle to get all these poses accomplished. LOL

Lu_x85

I've been away from the forum for a while due to a high workload but I'm happy to say Aristotle is doing well and has a great love of eating! Even eating plants which I was assured on here, are not on his menu.... He disagrees! Haha!

Attachments

• IMG_0203.JPG
    IMG_0203.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 21

Anyfoot

5 Year Member
UK Sheffield
Rio is a HOOT ! I NEVER could have guessed that a tortoise could have so much personality and humor to share with us. We are literally in love with this guy.

He's a rescue that I found walking down the middle of a road in Pennsylvania. My big brother has an exotics veterinary practice in MASS. Together we've been working on Rio's well being. He showed up with mild to moderate scute pyramidding, very dehydrated and the appetite of an ox. He's improving slowly.

We are just finishing his winter quarters. Pics available at link below. Using EVERYTHING we have learned here on TF. http://www.tortoiseforum.org/thread...closed-4×6-shelter.146283/page-2#post-1387007

View attachment 187829

Hanging out

View attachment 187831

"In yo face !"
( Rio LOVES selfies. )

View attachment 187832

"Don't worry. It's just me Mom."
Very cute, love the face.

Anyfoot

5 Year Member
UK Sheffield
View attachment 188091 i just adore their "dragon legs". View attachment 188092 and the scaly tails! Sooo cute! Too bad they hide them most of the time View attachment 188093 look at that!!!! Isn't that a dragon foot?! View attachment 188094 Shellie's "dragon leg" View attachment 188095this must be why they call them the redfooted. View attachment 188096Tucker has just red heels. View attachment 188097 and my absolute favorite! Those 3 symetrical "achilles scales". She looks like wearing those seemed nylons:)
Pearls, are you developing a foot fetish. :p

JessKeen

Morty loves to lay on the patches of grass I planted in his outdoor enclosure, so I dug one up, trimmed it short, and put it in a shallow pot to bury in his indoor enclosure. It will probably just die, but in the mean time, he's a fan. :) image.jpeg And here he is eating some mallow and pumpkin flowers. image.jpeg

MPRC

5 Year Member
Oregon
I think I see 8, but I'm on my phone so it's hard to tell. Are there one or 2 on top of the ramp?

MPRC

5 Year Member
Oregon
I see 4 on the floor, 4 up top and 2 on the ramp.

How many are there supposed to be?

Anyfoot

5 Year Member
UK Sheffield
There is 10. 4 on floor, 2 on ramp, 1 up above the window and 3 juveniles on upper left side.

Lu_x85

There is 10. 4 on floor, 2 on ramp, 1 up above the window and 3 juveniles on upper left side.
Yep, the one I wasn't sure about was not a glimpse of tortoise lol! Lovely set up! I'm most envious!

Anyfoot

5 Year Member
UK Sheffield
This is the inside of one cave, there's 4 in here, you can almost guarantee where each tort will settle down for the night(creature of habit). This is also the reason my torts always look dirty, they dig big divits inside the caves to sleep in, funny how they just sleep at any angle. They also urinate in the divits, humitiy in these caves is very high, I'm constantly checking for shell rot, up to now the topsoil or urine hasn't caused any rot(touching wood) .
If I level the divits out they just re-dig.
It's pitch black in these caves,hence the eye glare.

IMG_20161007_162028.jpg