SHE DID IT AGAIN!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LadyV

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Winslow AZ
Bella was not in her enclosure yesterday evening when I went to bring her in. I have NO idea how she got out...there are no digging spots, it too high to climb. I haven't slept all night. I have searched the yard, I have food outside of her enclosure but near it..I am just beside myself. I just can't see how she got at, there no way!:(:(:(

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
are your corrners capped?
is there a cover ? could something else have removed her?
is she just buried in the dirt?
Mine disappears too.. they can hide well..
check this morn once the sun comes out.. i bet you find her..

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Lady V (did we ever learn your name?):

Some turtles and tortoises are very good at climbing, especially in the corners. Even though you THINK that the sides are too high to climb, the tortoise might be climbing out.

Good luck, I hope you find her.

LadyV

5 Year Member
Winslow AZ
Last time we had just moved here and I could see where she found....I thought we'd lost her for good, but she had crawled off to hibernate....after six months...there she was crawling towards the house from the far end of the yard. This time, though, I just can't see who she got out. Oh...My name is "Cloud"

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Cloud:

Russian tortoises are very good at disguising their burial. They don't actually dig a burrow, but they push the dirt behind them as they dig and once they're buried, its very hard to see where they've been digging. If you go all over the ground, poking your fingers into the dirt, you'll find a really soft place and maybe she's buried in there. Hope you find her.

TKCARDANDCOIN

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Ohio
Could someone have taken her?I have had that happen to me in the past,neighbor boy.His mother made him bring it back after a couple of days when she found out.

Angi

5 Year Member
La Mesa, CA.
I think my box turtle vanishes all the time. I freak out and start digging in her box and she is always there. I have even searched the yard and street before going back and digging more.
Good luck!

I think my box turtle vanishes all the time. I freak out and start digging in her box and she is always there. I have even searched the yard and street before going back and digging more.
Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.