She never fails!!

Mrs.T

5 Year Member
I'm feeling so guilty sitting watch tv with my duvet and my lovely little tort just staring at me through the glass but it doesn't matter how often she has peed and pood in a day she never fails to squeeze some out on me when she's getting cuddles! There's been a couple of times I've thought she's already done it so what's the chances of it happening again... Then my knee is flooded lol just as well I love the little squirt or shed be on eBay!!!

peasinapod

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Switzerland
Urinating can also be caused by stress and/or fear, apparently. I'm just saying this because you wrote that it happens quite often. Does she pee right when you take her out or after a while?

Have a nice evening!

Mrs.T

5 Year Member
It's not immediate I'd say around 5-10 minutes after I take her out. She's really well handled and I honestly wouldn't say she shows any other signs of fear. She loves skin to skin contact and once she finds a hotspot she goes to sleep. Although I say she's well handled she isn't over handled if you know what I mean. She will come over to see you when you go up to her tank, sticks her head up for you to give her a tickle, nudges you if she's ignored. She never seems like she wants to get away. She also wasn't like this at the start for about 2 weeks after I got her she only done the toilet in water even in her tank, now every time I look her tank is dirty again

peasinapod

5 Year Member
Switzerland
If she doesn't pee the moment you lift her up then I think it likely isn't due to being afraid. :)
Peter doesn't really care either, if your foot is in the way, he'll do it anyway... xD

Mrs.T

5 Year Member
Lol she's a wee pest maybe she's just telling me she's had her attention now put me back to bed!!

peasinapod

5 Year Member
Switzerland
Probably! ;) Or maybe you shouldn't let her watch horror movies?
(Now I'm really starting to go off topic, sorry! :p )

Mrs.T

5 Year Member
Haha it was just a wee lighthearted topic anyway! I don't really think there's any health issues behind it (although in open to advice info if anyone thinks there could be!) I just thought I'd let you all know that my dino tort is boss and isn't shy to show me lol I don't wish she would stop it though, I loved my cuddles with her when I stayed dry lol
As for horror movies, it would be me pooing myself!!!

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Get a diaper and when you take her out, have her stay on the diaper. You can still cuddle, but you will stay dry:D. Or you can get those puppy wee pads. The older she gets, the bigger the puddle will be:D

ILoveTortoises2

5 Year Member
Mansfield, Ma
wellington said:
Get a diaper and when you take her out, have her stay on the diaper. You can still cuddle, but you will stay dry:D. Or you can get those puppy wee pads. The older she gets, the bigger the puddle will be:D

That is a GREAT idea. I didn't even think of that. Good thinking outside the tortoise box :p
I'll have to try this myself :)

keepergale

5 Year Member
san diego
My tortoise has three different cages he uses during a 24 hr period.
During his moves from cage to cage i get a palm full of pee almost daily.

Mrs.T

5 Year Member
Ill need to invent some waterproof tortoise pants I think. Wee monkeys!