Shedding?

azzylove

Location (City and/or State)
Oregon
So I have a possible Russian tortoise who is shedding on his arms head and inside his shell. He seems to e bigger but no one I have asked says tortoises shed? Don't all reptiles shed? The vet said it could be normal shedding patterns but the dude seemed like and idiot please help thanks!

bigsteaks

5 Year Member
Deptford NJ
Our three all shed their skin. It is different in torts. They usually shed little pieces at a time. You can have hanging skin on the neck legs head. Sometimes even a scale or two will shed. I usually soak line when they are shedding. Don you'll them off. They will come off when ready. All normal.

Jlant85

5 Year Member
California
yes tortoise sheds ^_^v dont freak out! LOL.... im just saying cus i did when i saw them shedding for the first time! lol..... what ever you do... dont peal them off! soak soak soak soak soak is the best solution to your worries... if your not sure what the species are, post some pictures... a lot of people here can tell you what the species are so you are... and just a friendly reminder, different species have different care sheets... the sooner you find out the better ^_^v we are here to help!