Shelby as just been chipped and i need advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tracy Gould

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Pontefract West Yorkshire U,K
Hi it finally got to the dreaded chipping time and i had him chipped this morning they managed to chip him without knocking him out and they said he did not need glue, He as eaten a little but not much but he as gone through a lot poor thing. he is moving around is table i followed advice and emptied his sub out and covered with news paper till he heals. water as been removed. i have looked at the area and there is a small amount of dry white which i presume is dry blood? should they have glued him? he is using the leg ok. The vet as told me to up his calcium as his shell is slightly soft but i can not find any soft areas. How long does it take for their skin to heal i do not like leaving water out but he tends to cut through it to get to his food the daft thing is its quicker to walk round than drag himself in and out lol. I figured getting the area wet before it closes up would be bad, Sorry for the essay but i love this little guy and want to make sure he stays healthy.:tort:

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
Did the vet give you anything to clean the area with? I think that if you let him soak in nice clean water (don't let him remain if he messes in it :p ) that would likely be aok..... I would just make sure that he remains away from any place that flies will be a possible danger....other than that I would guess the area would heal the same as a minor abrasion....

Tracy Gould

5 Year Member
Pontefract West Yorkshire U,K
ascott said:
Did the vet give you anything to clean the area with? I think that if you let him soak in nice clean water (don't let him remain if he messes in it :p ) that would likely be aok..... I would just make sure that he remains away from any place that flies will be a possible danger....other than that I would guess the area would heal the same as a minor abrasion....

no the vet did not give me anything but its not bleeding in fact u can not tell he as had it done, i read u had to keep the dry 4 2 days i guessed that was to give the skin chance to become water tight. he is eating a bit better today he was quiet grumpy yesterday i got ramed twice yersterday and he showed sighs of stress (runny poos ) but everything is ok in that area now, i checked his shell over again and the only area i can see is if i press the front and back at the same time there is a slight give in it at the back so i am uping his calcium/phosphate ratio foods the vet sent a list home with him, a few on the list make me think he does not now what he's on about like oranges and spinach and chard yes they are high in Calcuim but i was under the impression they are bad for them too but the foods i know are ok are on there and the ratios are there too so it helps me work out the better foods.

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
Sounds good and funny...some torts will eat up an orange but I tried to see if any of my guys would eat a slice....and three snubbed it all together...and my guy who will try anything took a bite and then wanted nothing else to do with it....:D

Status
Not open for further replies.