Shelby pooped in brumation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tracy Gould

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Pontefract West Yorkshire U,K
Shelby as been a sleep for a week and half now he as only lost a little weight and as not had a wee. I just lifted him tonight to check him an noticed he as moved and pooped, it 2 small pieces is this ok or do i need to wake him! The fridge temps are between 5 and 7 c but go up to near 10 when i open door to do my checks but drop quickly after closing again.

when i cleaned the poop out it was dry so i think he passed it in the first few days i have been checking for wee by feeling but not lifting that often as i did not want to risk warming him too much by handling him apart from the one time i weighted him but even then i did not remove all the paper so could have missed the poop. I know it better out than in but I need to check passing small poop is normal in early stages and he is ok to leave x

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
Yes, he likely pooped at the onset....and I have to say that while I do not use a fridge because it weirds me out...lol :p...I do have the CDTs brumating here in their boxes in a cool dark dry place and in the past I have had a couple of them drop a present at the first couple days in and then nothing beyond that--and all was fine.

Remember, that while they are brumating they do move about a bit from time to time....just not "active"...

Tracy Gould

5 Year Member
Pontefract West Yorkshire U,K
ascott said:
Yes, he likely pooped at the onset....and I have to say that while I do not use a fridge because it weirds me out...lol :p...I do have the CDTs brumating here in their boxes in a cool dark dry place and in the past I have had a couple of them drop a present at the first couple days in and then nothing beyond that--and all was fine.

Remember, that while they are brumating they do move about a bit from time to time....just not "active"...

Ok Thanks Angela

Status
Not open for further replies.