Sheldon! My new big baby!

ogmoses

10 Year Member!
ImageUploadedByTortForum1387087979.436349.jpg
ImageUploadedByTortForum1387088010.203216.jpg
ImageUploadedByTortForum1387088059.686678.jpg
ImageUploadedByTortForum1387088558.234909.jpg
Can't beat that SoCal. FYI the whole yard is his:)

After a horrific end to Darwin In late 12' which left the family devastated and heart broken I didn't think I would find another perfect specimen but thanks to the wonderful breeding program of Aldabramans along came Sheldon! With one of the most beautiful shells I've ever seen!!!!

As far as Darwin lets just say my first vacation in almost 10 years was one of the worst experience of my life!!!! The house sitter brought (niece) her dog over and forgot that Darwin's was out side!!! Need I say more! But after some grate conversations with Greg, low and behold Sheldon!!!

Quick facts on Sheldon
8 or so inches
4.5 lbs
One of the most symmetrical shells I've ever seen!!!

I will try to do updates often!

Last edited by a moderator:

Millerlite

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern Calif.
Very cool! Love aldabras. One day I'll get one. Lol. How old is he? He's already a little giant

ogmoses

10 Year Member!
Millerlite said:
Very cool! Love aldabras. One day I'll get one. Lol. How old is he? He's already a little giant

After some discussion on the topic with Greg I would say 2:)
Thanks

Yellow Turtle

5 Year Member
Indonesia
You should update much sooner. Sheldon is indeed beautiful and I always love to see hatchings from Greg. You are just so lucky.

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
ogmoses said:
Sheldon! With one of the most beautiful shells I've ever seen!!!! // But after some grate conversations with Greg, low and behold Sheldon!!! // One of the most symmetrical shells I've ever seen!!! // I will try to do updates often!

* I am so glad you got Sheldon! Based on our conversation last night, he was hatched out in April of 2011 and was from the same clutch as our Tuff. Those pictures look truly fantastic. Thank for the kind words and i am so glad you have chosen to share all of your past and future experiences with this species on this forum.

* OK, I found a picture of the exact clutch of your Sheldon and our Tuff.

2hhhn6c.jpg

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Nice toddler. You've heard of the terrible twos? Well, your baby looks like he'll be a wonderful twos:)
ALDABRAMAN said:
ogmoses said:
Sheldon! With one of the most beautiful shells I've ever seen!!!! // But after some grate conversations with Greg, low and behold Sheldon!!! // One of the most symmetrical shells I've ever seen!!! // I will try to do updates often!

* I am so glad you got Sheldon! Based on our conversation last night, he was probably hatched out in April of 2011 and was from the same clutch as our Tuff. Those pictures look truly fantastic. Thank for the kind words and i am so glad you have chosen to share all of your past and future experiences with this species.

2hhhn6c.jpg

ogmoses

10 Year Member!
ALDABRAMAN said:
ogmoses said:
* I am so glad you got Sheldon! Based on our conversation last night, he was probably hatched out in April of 2011 and was from the same clutch as our Tuff. Those pictures look truly fantastic. Thank for the kind words and i am so glad you have chosen to share all of your past and future experiences with this species.

2hhhn6c.jpg

Thanks man after all the emails and calls and time I can't wait to do updates for the board! Finally! OMG that picture of the clutch will be my avatar!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks Greg!!!!!!!!

ogmoses said:
ALDABRAMAN said:
ogmoses said:

2hhhn6c.jpg

Thanks man after all the emails and calls and time I can't wait to do updates for the board! Finally! Oh man just saw the picture!!!!!!!!!!!! This picture will be my avatar!!!!!
I feel like I just drank 5 redbulls

sibi said:
Nice toddler. You've heard of the terrible twos? Well, your baby looks like he'll be a wonderful twos:)
ALDABRAMAN said:
ogmoses said:

2hhhn6c.jpg

Thanks! I think it's so cool we are all looking forward to it!!!

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
ogmoses said:
Thanks man after all the emails and calls and time I can't wait to do updates for the board! Finally! OMG that picture of the clutch will be my avatar!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks Greg!!!!!!!!

* I will e-mail a better quality picture directly to your e-mail for your avatar! I am actually searching for a picture of your exact one, I am unsure if i still have them!

* Sent you two!

Sulcata_Sandy

5 Year Member
Pacific NorthWET
How wonderful! Congratulations on a beautiful baby.
I can't wait until I can adopt an Aldabra. I'm going up to the farm hopefully this weekend and checking on the stalls and paddocks for Sulcata and Aldabra enclosures.

I'm so, so sorry about the loss of your Aldabra, but I celebrate the adoption of Sheldon! Give him a chin scratch for me.

ogmoses

10 Year Member!
Sulcata_Sandy said:
How wonderful! Congratulations on a beautiful baby.
I can't wait until I can adopt an Aldabra. I'm going up to the farm hopefully this weekend and checking on the stalls and paddocks for Sulcata and Aldabra enclosures.

I'm so, so sorry about the loss of your Aldabra, but I celebrate the adoption of Sheldon! Give him a chin scratch for me.

Done and done
Thanks!!!:)

ogmoses

10 Year Member!
ImageUploadedByTortForum1387139629.467737.jpg
Enjoy watching him enjoy his paradise!
Another 80+degree day in socal :)

Sh3wulf

5 Year Member
That is paradise. That him down in the corner?
Yard makes him look tiny for now lol

ogmoses

10 Year Member!
Sh3wulf said:
That is paradise. That him down in the corner?
Yard makes him look tiny for now lol

Yeah that's him in the corner:) thanks :)

ogmoses

10 Year Member!
ImageUploadedByTortForum1388608061.577976.jpg a little midday bath

ImageUploadedByTortForum1388608146.961719.jpg
Another beautiful 84+ degree day in the hills of Chino

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA