Sheldon's Winter enclosure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dbeilfuss

5 Year Member
Hi All,
We just had Sheldon's winter enclosure built and delivered. It is 8' x 7'. It has two 2' overhangs and two lights. One for basking and then a CHE for night time. I had asked for one of the overhangs to have a front panel and that didn't happen-so we hang a blanket over it and Sheldon is oh so happy to go to bed in it. I was concerned about being able to keep the heat in during the night, but that doesn't see to be an issue as of yet.

I live in Western CO and night temps have been going down into the 20's and days are 70+. I open the door to the garage each morning after the sun is up and warm so that he can come and go as he wants. This winter he will have the run of the garage (insulated) and his enclosure.

I feel like it is missing something.....not sure what though.
Thoughts and opinions would be appreciated.
100_3600.JPG
100_3601.JPG
100_3602.JPG
100_3607.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
CT
I use CHE's and a Kane heat mat in my tort's outside heated house. I would put a digital thermometer in there and watch the temp's to see if a heat mat is needed

AnthonyC

5 Year Member
New York
I think Sheldon is going to be very comfortable in his winter home! :)

lynnedit

10 Year Member!
Southwest Washington
Yes, looks very good. Seems to me the kitten or kids or dog would like to use it too, lol.
I think the idea of a digital thermometer with probe (especially in the covered area) is a good idea. A heat mat could be on part of the covered area, so Sheldon could move on and off. They seem to work very well for large torts, especially in the dead of winter.
He is a lucky guy!

Status
Not open for further replies.