Shell concerns

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barbiestevenson

5 Year Member
IMG_1205.jpgIMG_1203.jpgIMG_1204.jpgIMG_1201.jpgIMG_1202.jpgIve had my Russian for about a year now and shes had a really hard life before me. The people that bought her 1st let their daughter paint her shell with pink nail polish, then they dumped nail polish remover on her and returned her to the pet store I work for and I adopted her after she was under vet care for a month. Shes still pink in small areas.
I noticed the other day that the underside of her shell seems to be flaking and have some round areas. They are not soft or anything. I never see her in her water dish, Ill place her there. She lives outside in Vegas during the summer and Ill bring her inside this winter to hibernate again. All she will eat only dandelion greens, Ive tried store made food and other greens and unless she hasnt eaten in days she wont eat them.

Last edited by a moderator:

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi Barbie, and welcome to the Forum!

It looks like it might be a bit of shell rot. Clean the area well and scrub it with a soft brush. Then dry it and dab on some athlete foot cream. It should clear up in a week or so, but continue the cream for 2 weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.