Shell (mal)growth?

Status
Not open for further replies.

smarch

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Massachusetts
I got Franklin my RT almost a year ago. I got him from a petco so I know his shell was probably going to grow weird. I've recently come to the discovery of this, he's grown some and I see that it's growing weird where it's starting to grow, I feed him a mixed varied diet with lots of leafy greens, it's not soft or anything, this wont hurt him right?

Attachments

• image-466669950.png
    image-466669950.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 90

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Not seeing the problem. Can you describe what the issue is and provide a clearer photo? Exercise, hydration and sunshine are important too. Does he get all that?

smarch

5 Year Member
Massachusetts
Well it's I know he's growing it just doesn't look as smooth as pictures I've seen, this is the best picture I can get. So is it normal growth? I know he's being fed nutritionally but confused as to why he looks so lumpy, would it still be his petstore troubles and will reach normal growth eventually? It's not like its soft, so I'm not too worried

leonardo the tmnt

5 Year Member
Yeah I guess it pet store trouble. In all the pet stores that I go to they have bumpy shells. I don't think it's pyramiding. Since many tortoise sold in pet stores are wildcaught it's probably scratches and dents he got in the wild

smarch

5 Year Member
Massachusetts
He has a dent I call it his 'butt dent' I feel bad because I know he was shipped but in a way feel good because I have him a lot better of a home than his travel buddies probably got. Thanks, now I'm not worried

Status
Not open for further replies.