shell question

Margo Garcia

Location (City and/or State)
Orange California
I have a 70 lb12 year old Sulcata that has a dip in his back. Other than that his shell perfect. Does anyone have any knowledge of this?

Margo Garcia

Orange California
My 12yr old 65lb sulcata wants nothing to do with water. Yet his droppings are very moist.I use the hose on him but can't get him to soak. Should I be concerned?

Big Charlie

5 Year Member
California
My sulcata has a dip in his back too. I believe I remember reading that is characteristic of sulcatas from a certain region.

All you can do is provide water. Charlie doesn't soak either. He drinks once in awhile and I hit him with the hose when it is hot.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I have a 70 lb12 year old Sulcata that has a dip in his back. Other than that his shell perfect. Does anyone have any knowledge of this?

Hello and welcome to the forum. We need a pic to see what you are talking about.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
My 12yr old 65lb sulcata wants nothing to do with water. Yet his droppings are very moist.I use the hose on him but can't get him to soak. Should I be concerned?

I don't ask my tortoises if they want to soak. I just pick them up and put them in the tub. Big tortoise = Big tub.

What foods are you typically feeding your tortoise?

Bee62

Germany
I don't ask my tortoises if they want to soak. I just pick them up and put them in the tub. Big tortoise = Big tub.

What foods are you typically feeding your tortoise?
You always make me giggle with that answer Tom, but some people cannot lift a big tortoise and put it in soaking - water so easily like you.:D