Shelly has officially gone missing from Phoenix AZ

AZtortMom

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Sunny AZ
With a heavy heart I have to report Shelly is missing. She was in the day pen with her other Tort mates which are bigger. We went to bring them in and she was gone. We have been looking for since. She is about 16 months and a Sulley. Our closest cross streets are Van Bruen and 28th st. My number is 208-512-9343 thank you
Noel ImageUploadedByTortForum1382046584.899760.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

mtdavis254817

10 Year Member!
Thoroughly checked all the corners in the yard. Check them over and over again. If you have any foliage ruffle through it... I had a dog that used to take my sulcatas out when they were younger. I always found them in the corners of my fence.. I'm sorry you have to go through that

mainey34

5 Year Member
Peoria, Arizona
Crap...i will start watching craigslist..and anywhere else...im so sorry this has happened... :(

AZtortMom

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sunny AZ
mtdavis254817 said:
Thoroughly checked all the corners in the yard. Check them over and over again. If you have any foliage ruffle through it... I had a dog that used to take my sulcatas out when they were younger. I always found them in the corners of my fence.. I'm sorry you have to go through that

We have been over and over. And still am. I'm even checking the alley behind the house. I'm very worried because we have a stray dog problem here..

mainey34 said:
Crap...i will start watching craigslist..and anywhere else...im so sorry this has happened... :(

Thank you

BeeBee*BeeLeaves

5 Year Member
Orange County, So Cal
Don't forget they burrow. My neighbor could not find their sully for weeks. They looked and looked again. I helped. Lo and behold ... it had gone to the very back, side yard and burrowed under the shed, big time, like 9 feet straight across under the foundation. What? Found! Hope you find yours, too. Worse.feeling.ever. We all hope you find Shelly!

AZtortMom

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sunny AZ
Thanks everyone. It's just hard as we go into day 2 of no Shelly [PENSIVE FACE] at least it's not cold at night

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
So sorry. Don't give up though. People have found theirs weeks later. Heck some even after winter, of course they weren't Sullies, but still. Keep looking every day. Specially when the sun comes out. Good luck and keep us posted. Fingers crossed for you and great vibes heading your way.

AZtortMom

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sunny AZ
wellington said:
So sorry. Don't give up though. People have found theirs weeks later. Heck some even after winter, of course they weren't Sullies, but still. Keep looking every day. Specially when the sun comes out. Good luck and keep us posted. Fingers crossed for you and great vibes heading your way.

Thanks and I will. Just wrapped another round of looking. Bringing in the other torts now. Will do another search in the am. Thankfully temps aren't too cold tonight.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
You may have to expand your search to neighbor's yards especially under sheds, and corners. If you see a hole, dig it up, and follow it. Shelly will try to seek shelter and food. Keep your routine with the other torts. She may just come out from wherever she is to feed. Do you sing a song, or have a special call?I hope she is found, and I feel for you:'(

AZtortMom

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sunny AZ
sibi said:
You may have to expand your search to neighbor's yards especially under sheds, and corners. If you see a hole, dig it up, and follow it. Shelly will try to seek shelter and food. Keep your routine with the other torts. She may just come out from wherever she is to feed. Do you sing a song, or have a special call?I hope she is found, and I feel for you:'(

Thanks Sibi. We are looking in neighbor's yard and having them keep a look out for her too. I'm looking the whole length of the alley which runs the whole length of the street (blocks) so I have my work cut out for me [WHITE SMILING FACE]️

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Aww.. I wish I was there to help you. I'm a fanatic when I'm on a mission:D

AZtortMom

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sunny AZ
sibi said:
Aww.. I wish I was there to help you. I'm a fanatic when I'm on a mission:D

I wish you were here too [GRINNING FACE WITH SMILING EYES] I could use all the extra eyes and hands

AZtortMom

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sunny AZ
reatrocity said:
I'm so sorry! I hope you find Shelly soon. :(

Thanks! I miss her cute little face so much! [TURTLE][PENSIVE FACE]

AZtortMom

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sunny AZ
SenjiSandy said:
Oh no!!! Breaks my heart! She's in my prayers. [DISAPPOINTED FACE]

Thanks Senji [WHITE SMILING FACE]️I'm praying for her soul and that she's ok..

Vegas_Leopard

10 Year Member!
Las Vegas, NV
I'm hoping and wish the best of luck for Shelly and you!

Is it remotely possible that Shelly could have been taken by a bird or cat?

AZtortMom

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sunny AZ
SulcataDud3 said:
I'm hoping and wish the best of luck for Shelly and you!

Is it remotely possible that Shelly could have been taken by a bird or cat?

That is a possibility. There is a serious stray animal problem around here. I'm also suspicious about someone stealing her too, unfortunately [PENSIVE FACE]

forujade00 said:
Sending good vibes and prayers.

Thank you forujade00 [SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH]