Shipment

jbar

Location (City and/or State)
New Jersey
Hi, new user! I ordered from Tortoise Town on Thursday (9/10) I was told he would ship yesterday (9/14) but I never received a shipment email. Is this normal? Will he still come even though they didn’t email me that he was shipped?

Ink

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Virginia
Keep calling them

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
It might be a blessing if your able to cancel the order and get one from a reputable breeder instead.

Reactions: Ink

Kothy

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Connecticut
I agree with he others, I had such a hard time with them, I had to make myself a big pain and email and call every day. Both my baby's are good, But it wasn't worth the aggravation. IF you go to a breeder you will have better luck and it will be a lot cheaper. For a VERY healthy tortoise. I learned the hard way. But I will tell you call and email and aggravate them.

Blackdog1714

5 Year Member
Richmond, VA
This is not an endorsement but LLL Reptile has the Baby Malaysian Pink Bellied Side-Necked Turtles and they have much better revies on TFO. With that said I am firm believer in buying from a breeder that is known and respected, but you are looking for an odd one. I would cancel the TortoiseTown and investigate LLL Reptiles. They should be able to tell you who the breeder was, what kind of enclosure- how much water to dry land, foods given, temps, filters etc. Sadly a snappy website does not always mean healthy animals. Good Luck!

jbar

New Jersey
This is not an endorsement but LLL Reptile has the Baby Malaysian Pink Bellied Side-Necked Turtles and they have much better revies on TFO. With that said I am firm believer in buying from a breeder that is known and respected, but you are looking for an odd one. I would cancel the TortoiseTown and investigate LLL Reptiles. They should be able to tell you who the breeder was, what kind of enclosure- how much water to dry land, foods given, temps, filters etc. Sadly a snappy website does not always mean healthy animals. Good Luck!
Thank you so much! If my turtle doesn’t come today I am going to try to cancel it.

Pastel Tortie

North Florida
If you do cancel the order, I would suggest checking with The Turtle Source. Marc Cantos breeds this species, and he's the one who wrote the care sheet for Reptiles Magazine.

BrookeB

10 Year Member!
Bodfish
I wouldn’t buy from any reptile store, online or otherwise. Buy directly from the breeder! (Most of the stores that sell tortoises, reptiles and amphibians do not breed their animals they buy them from others) buying from the breeder is the best way to be positive you are getting a healthy animal. LLL reptile in my opinion is just as bad as tortoise town (from my own personal experience) I would second the turtle Source, but please whoever you do buy from triple check reviews on as many sites as you can. I’m more knowledgeable of tortoises but I assume it’s almost the same for turtles. (I lost every tortoise I bought from LLL reptiles and they where in triple checked enclosures (just a warning)

TortoiseWarrior

5 Year Member
Minnesota
Welcome.... I also agree with the other members...Tortoise Town gets no love here. I hope you cancelled in time.. Due to the fact your email didn't arrive on the arrival date should be a red flag. They could have at least called you and left a message. See how they are shady from the get-go. I almost bought one from them, glad I didn't.

jbar

New Jersey
Welcome.... I also agree with the other members...Tortoise Town gets no love here. I hope you cancelled in time.. Due to the fact your email didn't arrive on the arrival date should be a red flag. They could have at least called you and left a message. See how they are shady from the get-go. I almost bought one from them, glad I didn't.
Sadly I did not cancel in time and I wish I did. My baby turtle arrived dead this morning :( Tortoise Town is a huge no from me. Wish I did more research before purchasing.

Ink

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Virginia
I am so sorry for your loss!! They care about money, not the animals and the people who receive them.

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
That really sucks, poor guy....and it sucks for you too....chasing resolution is sometimes more effort than it's worth, cut bait and roll....and learn......."next time I will lurk on an appropriate forum b4 making a dumb decision"....it's okay, ask me how I know this<lol>

I've received multiple shipments over the years from HaHa....I honestly have no idea what their rep is.....just that they were very good to me each time going back 15 years.

jeff

belleville
Hi, new user! I ordered from Tortoise Town on Thursday (9/10) I was told he would ship yesterday (9/14) but I never received a shipment email. Is this normal? Will he still come even though they didn’t email me that he was shipped?
i would try to get ur money back, i got my little buddy from tort stork, the breeder randy is super nice will answer any questions you have and will be in contact with you whenever you need !

TortoiseWarrior

5 Year Member
Minnesota
Sadly I did not cancel in time and I wish I did. My baby turtle arrived dead this morning :( Tortoise Town is a huge no from me. Wish I did more research before purchasing.
Yeah call them, b!tch and complain. Tell them we know about them and talk about their bad business, and WE DO NOT RECCOMEND THEM AT ALL.
T-Warrior

Carol S

10 Year Member!
Alta Loma, CA
I am so sorry your loss. ?

If you paid by credit card, call the credit card company and see if they can get your money back.