Shipping container for shed?

argus333

5 Year Member
Anyone use a old shipping container for tortoise shed? There cheep huge and almost indestructible .. I see them for $300 for a 24 ft x 12 ft. All it would need is a small tortoise door and some insulation.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
Seems like it would work, but you'd have to do one heck of an insulating job in there. You'd basically have to build a room inside it.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I have a friend in Arizona. They use them all the time to store their tack for the horses. They get blistering hot in the summer, so be sure to have some way of cooling them down.

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
argus333 said:
Anyone use a old shipping container for tortoise shed? There cheep huge and almost indestructible .. I see them for $300 for a 24 ft x 12 ft. All it would need is a small tortoise door and some insulation.

24ft X 12ft...................

That is the size of someone's entire back yard in California, Specially in the San Francisco Bay Area.

The price is OK but too much work need to put into it. Unless you have large amount of large size tortoises. It may worth it.

argus333

5 Year Member
id like to find one here an monitor temps in summer.

iluvtorts

5 Year Member
argus333 said:

Where are you finding these containers. ? Containers are usually 8feet wide.

argus333

5 Year Member
seaport Elizabeth nj. they put farm equipment in them from china. guy here has 1 buried in the ground. that would insulate it